Foodies Of The Massive; My Curry?

Behold! My New Jar!!!

2008-01-01_00-00-00.jpg.1947158ed50366d3f9fef88d9226121c.jpg

No. I haven't " Lost the fukking plot completely "! Think for a moment. What are you seeing there? It's on top of my usual washing machine. Thus, look at the fukking Size of that thing! :D

That's a 3 Litre muvva fukka there! Jam packed with exactly 2 Kilo's of Gram Flour! So, that's That out of the way.

Oh! And my freezer is now bulging with 'Fresh' Coriander :) And, of course, my postman's bringing me more gooodies, every day. And, that's the nub of my problem; Where the hell to put all this shit?!

Not even a self respecting rat would want to live like This:

2008-01-01_00-00-00_1.jpg.ed2d932800be3e38ee24cc9945059fc6.jpg

Though he may be delighted to come across it. No. I want my stuff in air tight, glass jars. Even better would be jars screwed, by their lids, beneath that shelf there. And, that's where it all breaks down.

I could really do with a model for calculating, say, 'Powder' weight to volume. So I might get a better grip on how much Garam Masala should go in one of my 'jam' jars. (I'm guessing powders, at least, will be much of a muchness? Pepper or Cumin; It's all basically dust)

To further mangle things; My 'big, jam jars' are ninety fluid ounces. How's that equate with anything? Jam is, surely, heavier than powders, by volume? Or, isn't it?

On Amazon, I'm eyeballing:

MUQU® Set of 6 Large Glass Jars - 900mL/30oz | Jam Pickle Jars Preserve Pots | Screw Top Lids | Airtight Dry Food Jars | (0.9L/900mL)

Some of those would do. But, I'm absolutely hopeless at converting about with volumes, fluids and so on. I've no idea how big they are, or what they may hold.

Mayday! Mayday!

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a very basic curry ,no chillies ,tomatoes ,spice ,herbs ,Pakistani pubic hairs ?

Oh, you poor, miserable fukkas!!! You weren't here, tonight, to help me get amongst These!!! Al' Rocks!  Nuff fukking said!!!

Oh; Dear Fukking God!!! Sorry. I Know I said I'd put a shot on 'What's Cooking'. But, why break from This thread, to show what amounts to the Culmination of all this? I tried to take a grea

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Behold! My New Jar!!!

2008-01-01_00-00-00.jpg.1947158ed50366d3f9fef88d9226121c.jpg

No. I haven't " Lost the fukking plot completely "! Think for a moment. What are you seeing there? It's on top of my usual washing machine. Thus, look at the fukking Size of that thing! :D

That's a 3 Litre muvva fukka there! Jam packed with exactly 2 Kilo's of Gram Flour! So, that's That out of the way.

Oh! And my freezer is now bulging with 'Fresh' Coriander :) And, of course, my postman's bringing me more gooodies, every day. And, that's the nub of my problem; Where the hell to put all this shit?!

Not even a self respecting rat would want to live like This:

2008-01-01_00-00-00_1.jpg.ed2d932800be3e38ee24cc9945059fc6.jpg

Though he may be delighted to come across it. No. I want my stuff in air tight, glass jars. Even better would be jars screwed, by their lids, beneath that shelf there. And, that's where it all breaks down.

I could really do with a model for calculating, say, 'Powder' weight to volume. So I might get a better grip on how much Garam Masala should go in one of my 'jam' jars. (I'm guessing powders, at least, will be much of a muchness? Pepper or Cumin; It's all basically dust)

To further mangle things; My 'big, jam jars' are ninety fluid ounces. How's that equate with anything? Jam is, surely, heavier than powders, by volume? Or, isn't it?

On Amazon, I'm eyeballing:

MUQU® Set of 6 Large Glass Jars - 900mL/30oz | Jam Pickle Jars Preserve Pots | Screw Top Lids | Airtight Dry Food Jars | (0.9L/900mL)

Some of those would do. But, I'm absolutely hopeless at converting about with volumes, fluids and so on. I've no idea how big they are, or what they may hold.

Mayday! Mayday!

Not really much help with the jars/amounts etc, here really mate, BUT, as you get used to making these curries, you'll find yourself relying not so much by 'amounts' but you'll go more by eye and 'feel'

• Thanks 1

Damn fine point, I'm sure, mate :) Only, in order to get a bench mark established, I'm following Al', to the letter.

And he's telling me what ingredients I need. And I'm trying to buy them in balanced amounts, according to how much of them I'll likely use. Next logical step is managing to preserve them, without having a stack of half used, plastic bags on the shelf.

It's okay. I've probably always been a tad, what we now call 'OC'. I just enjoy seeing shit orderly, rather than in chaos :)

• Like 1

:o Fukkin hell, Sid! 5 Litres minimum?! Though, saying that? Of course, I know where you're coming from. I have a shit load of These about the place:

https://www.happybeaks.co.uk/p/kingfisher-30l-pet-or-bird-food-storage-tub

Now, They are fukking brilliant! For when you're grabbing a wholesale sack of any shit, of course. Absolutely raving about them!

But, no; I have three plastic boxes. Probably hold a kilo or two a piece? Don't remember. Look so so as anything. Stack well. Sat on my shelf there. No harm to anyone. Used them for chilli powder, curry powder and readily accessible rice.

Now I think about it? The chilli's gone over. I'll sling that. The curry's used up and shall never be replaced, obviously. So, that's this kilo of cumin seeds sorted. Not sure what I'll do with the other one.

But, apart from the simple fact that I need more, smaller containers? I'd simply like to now make the effort to use glass. And, as said; There's always the pragmatic fact that I can easily hang jars under my little shelf. Thus utilising dead space, right there at hand :)

I'm just a bit like a virgin in a well stocked brothel, yet. Running around with my dick in my hand. Eyes bulging. And really not knowing where to turn or what to do. And, of course, wanting Everything!

Some sort of calculator thing, for weights, measures, volumes and sizes is what I could do with. It's probably on google. Just that that shit's never been my strong point.

Aaah! See what you're saying. Hmm.

No, it's just the 'really at hand' aspect of having shit right above my work counter that appeals to me, Sid.

Notice how I have a big bin, for a sack of rice. Then a little box of it on the shelf, for instant use? I store my bins in a back room. I don't want to have to turn my back on a lit ring, to go grab a spoonful out of a jar, in a box so big it needs to be stored out of the way. Not with dogs.

Are you into curries? Do you handle any of the stuff I'm likely to? Just always trying to get hands on ideas of what sort of jar a given weight of what ever will likely need.

Thinking about it? That 3 Ltr jar - which I just grabbed on impulse, today - took 2K of 'powder', gently tamped down. Not a spec to spare either way.

1 1/2 Ltr then would take a perfect K of powder? Damn! Learned something brilliant there! :D

But; How often, in truth, am I gonna Need a Kilo of any other powder? But, now I have my base measurement. Keep dividing the litres / K's. Fukk yeah! I'm Liking this, Sid! :D

Okay. I'll fukk off and leave it there. Before I burn out. But, that's recorded now. With a fresh head, I can come back to this and, damn soon, start applying this principle to google, and my measuring jug.

Tomorrow, I'll have the jar size for 25, 50, 100g of powder. And, I have those cumin seeds to work off too.

See how inanely rambling on about seemingly stupid shit, on here, actually helps me process shit? That's why I do it ;)

Made A Curry?!? This isn't about 'Making A Curry'! This is an adventure. A quest for self enlightenment. An Odyssey!

Well, alright; It Is also a way for me to entertain myself. Spend a shit ton of money on shiny things. And, hopefully, put a bit of 'Oomph' into what's slowly become a less than gripping weekly diet ?

'Tis the Chase, dear sir! Not the kill.'

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Made A Curry?!? This isn't about 'Making A Curry'! This is an adventure. A quest for self enlightenment. An Odyssey!

Well, alright; It Is also a way for me to entertain myself. Spend a shit ton of money on shiny things. And, hopefully, put a bit of 'Oomph' into what's slowly become a less than gripping weekly diet ?

'Tis the Chase, dear sir! Not the kill.'

I’m done chasing 

could kill a curry

whats your first one going to be?

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Haha 1

Oh. Sorry, Ted. Beef Madras.

I only Know two curries. Chicken Korma and 'Beef Curry'. Never was a fancy fukker. Again, I'm figuring a madras should give me a bench mark to work from.

I'd just add that I'm not one of those to sit there, sweating bullets as I force a grin and murmurs of delight while I scoop a Vindaloo into my blistering mouth either.

• Like 1

Fukk, Yeah!!! Vindaloo's second only to Phal (Tinderloo), in common folk lore. I could have warned you to stay away from That sort of shit! :o 

And now, I must say; I've just spent the Best afternoon! :D I wonder if I sometimes come across as some kind of 'Mr Angry' caricature, with my constant f'ing and blinding? Not really. I do little actually loudly or offensively, in real life.

And I've just had a whale of a time! Sat here, for a couple of hours now, quietly polishing glass jars I've held back. Figuring out what may best fit into them. Putting the stuff in. Labelling them, by hand. Carefully writing the names onto masking tape.

Now they're put away in my little cupboard. One day to be brought back out and put under my shelf :) I get immense succour and satisfaction from little things like that.

Seriously though; It's the simple things .....

Slow cooker indian curry ??(6.5 litre s,c used)
Spicy Chicken & Spinach Curry 
Ingredients:

8 chicken thighs boned & skinned 
1 large onion sliced 
1 pk of mushrooms chopped 
4 tomatoes chopped 
150g spinach 
1 tin of chopped tomatoes 
500 mls of passata sauce 
8 green chillies sliced lengthways 
Chopped coriander 
5 garlic cloves chopped 
1 thumb size ginger chopped 
1 tablespoon of mustard powder 
½ teaspoon of crushed peppercorns 
1 teaspoon of pink rock salt 
1 tablespoon of paprika 
1 tablespoon of cumin 
1 tablespoon of coriander 
½ tablespoon of garam masala 
1 teaspoon of turmeric 
1 tablespoon of curry powder 
1 tablespoon of chilli powder 

Method:

Pour the passata sauce and tin tomatoes into the slow cooker and stir. 
Add garlic, ginger, salt, peppercorns, cumin, coriander, turmeric, mustard powder, paprika, curry powder, chilli powder, garam masala, some chopped coriander, stir well. 
Add chicken and onions stir to evenly coat the chicken. 
Add chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, more coriander, spinach, stir well. 
Place the sliced chilli peppers on top.
Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 5-6 hours. 

Serve with rice and garnish with chopped coriander.

Did this a couple of time, came out fine imo.

I really like using the slow cooker. 

Atb j 

5 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Rice just arrived. And a bag more of Garam Masala. Only, this is a more standardised 400g bag. So, once I've settled down, today, I should be able to work out if I have a jar to fit it. Crack That code and I could be flying :)

That's made in China mate :yes: :laugh:

22 minutes ago, jetro said:

I really like using the slow cooker.

Slow Cooker?! That is So last decade, mate! :D Haven't you experienced Instant Pot yet? It includes a Slower. And practically everything else you could want in a pot. My SC's long since been committed to the back room.

It was nice, smelling something delicious in the air, for eight hours of the day. But, fukk that! When I'm hungry and have been tied up? The last thing I want to do is sit through eight hours of mental torture, for dinner at 22:30!

IP? Sling a stew in and I'm getting it down my neck inside twenty minutes! :o

Now, with Al'? I could soon be smashing out the 'BIR' style curry of my choice in the same time  :D