Foodies Of The Massive; My Curry?

4 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Well, how timely that this one should be resurrected tonight. Because I've Literally just come in from the kitchen where, as I slung the powder in my curry, I realised I only had enough left for one more! There's a dilemma!

I was thinking how I could buy a sack of sprouts, next week and go into full Winter diet mode. Little option, at this rate, as " Mushroom " has me on ignore and I haven't heard back from that Spanish outfit yet.

So, I have no stove - yet - to make a proper one on. May as well ~ wait for it! ~ Put my curries on a back burner! (Fukking bite me! :D)

Hang in there mate...santa will be there soon! ?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a very basic curry ,no chillies ,tomatoes ,spice ,herbs ,Pakistani pubic hairs ?

Oh, you poor, miserable fukkas!!! You weren't here, tonight, to help me get amongst These!!! Al' Rocks!  Nuff fukking said!!!

Oh; Dear Fukking God!!! Sorry. I Know I said I'd put a shot on 'What's Cooking'. But, why break from This thread, to show what amounts to the Culmination of all this? I tried to take a grea

Posted Images

That other fukking thing got here Thursday, mate. Was winging its way back to Amazon the same day. Unopened.

Give them their due; I came home from the post office to find my account credited with the full refund :o Lady at the post office obviously scanned it, there and then. Boosh! That told Amazon it was back in the system and they coughed up instantly! Not even any waiting for them to get their sweaty hands back on it.

• Like 1

Having been raised in India and Sri Lanka  well East Ham and barking We ate lots of punjabi Sri food me fave was and still is Gujarati they can make veggie dishes taste amazing without using an array of spices   Which if you overload it with a bit of everything just confuses it  , Bangladesh can cook meat  But it’s not Indian food in the real sense and are not in the same league as Gujarati vegetable dishes that’s my take atb 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Having been raised in India and Sri Lanka  well East Ham and barking We ate lots of punjabi Sri food me fave was and still is Gujarati they can make veggie dishes taste amazing without using an array of spices   Which if you overload it with a bit of everything just confuses it  , Bangladesh can cook meat  But it’s not Indian food in the real sense and are not in the same league as Gujarati vegetable dishes that’s my take atb 

Toured Sri Lanka twice now

their curries are outstanding 

when we holidayed in the Maldives I ate curry 3 times a day, amazing curries there to.

every hotel in Sri Lanka/Maldives had 3 curry dishes for brekky lunch and dinner 

• Like 1

Saw something fascinating, today! :D I stopped off at the fruit and veg' mans stall, just in time to see him fukk off into the dark distance. Fukk knows what he was up to. But, I was in no rush, so grabbed my few bits and prepared to wait.

And, as I'm stood there, this lady appears. I honestly wouldn't have a clue what race or nationality she must of been of. Basically had that 'Indian' look about her. But, once I paid attention? No fukking way! Could have been Sri Lankan, or something?

All I can say is that I noticed her hair was hanging out below the hem of her jacket!

Anyway, never mind all that. I watched her. And it was fukking amazing! This girl was stalking round and round the stall. Minutely examining everything on there. And, bird like, she'd now and then decide That item was exactly what she was looking for.

Now, me? I wanted some spuds. Couple of onions and a carrot. Could have sent a five year old to get them. No difference to me. A spud's a spud. But, this girl? Fukking Fantastic! It was obvious she could choose two peas from a pod of five. And they'd be The peas!

Gotta love and respect that level of intimacy with food. I'd fukking love to know what she's cooking tonight. Bound to blow the shit out of the pressure cooked 'curry' I have on the go.

In 'Any Other News'; I spotted - and handled! - a real Ginger Root, today! (That sounds fukking bad, doesn't it? Some ginger kunt with a hard on, and I've grabbed it?! FFS!!!)

No. That's genuinely my first ever encounter with the real thing. And to think; One of these days I'll be Buying one and bringing it home! Weird! I was eyeballing the garlic cloves too! Wow! What's getting into me?!

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Saw something fascinating, today! :D I stopped off at the fruit and veg' mans stall, just in time to see him fukk off into the dark distance. Fukk knows what he was up to. But, I was in no rush, so grabbed my few bits and prepared to wait.

And, as I'm stood there, this lady appears. I honestly wouldn't have a clue what race or nationality she must of been of. Basically had that 'Indian' look about her. But, once I paid attention? No fukking way! Could have been Sri Lankan, or something?

All I can say is that I noticed her hair was hanging out below the hem of her jacket!

Anyway, never mind all that. I watched her. And it was fukking amazing! This girl was stalking round and round the stall. Minutely examining everything on there. And, bird like, she'd now and then decide That item was exactly what she was looking for.

Now, me? I wanted some spuds. Couple of onions and a carrot. Could have sent a five year old to get them. No difference to me. A spud's a spud. But, this girl? Fukking Fantastic! It was obvious she could choose two peas from a pod of five. And they'd be The peas!

Gotta love and respect that level of intimacy with food. I'd fukking love to know what she's cooking tonight. Bound to blow the shit out of the pressure cooked 'curry' I have on the go.

In 'Any Other News'; I spotted - and handled! - a real Ginger Root, today! (That sounds fukking bad, doesn't it? Some ginger kunt with a hard on, and I've grabbed it?! FFS!!!)

No. That's genuinely my first ever encounter with the real thing. And to think; One of these days I'll be Buying one and bringing it home! Weird! I was eyeballing the garlic cloves too! Wow! What's getting into me?!

Get ya arse down Whitechapel market it’s a 3rd world everyday encounter lol 

• Haha 1

I'm getting my stove!!! :D :D :D

Stove.jpg.8f8e3c631955e1737b6b3edf17577838.jpg

Made in the Garcima factory, in Valencia, Spain! Sold through some German outfit to Amazon. uk.

At Fukking Last!!! :D Actually? It looks distinctly like the one Al' was using, and recommending highly, in one of his latest vid's! What ever, definitely 'the same thing'. Dunno where his one was made, of course.

So; I've got my pot. Got my frying pan. Got my measuring spoons and cups (Did I tell you about them? All good, clean, 'second hand' / vintage stuff. ALL marked " Made In UK "! 8)) Spoon's due about the next couple of weeks or so too. Second hand. From US. Originally made in India.

Sitting here, grinning like a kunt! :D I Think this is the last of my kit? Refill a gaz bottle. Buy some hose, clips and a regulator and I should be about ready to get cracking!

On 26/11/2020 at 14:24, Ken's Deputy said:

Garlic you say

read this then and I await the head implode 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.southernliving.com/garden/grumpy-gardener/american-vs-chinese-garlic%3famp=true

DC79F257-DD2C-49D3-A2DB-69188FC71076.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Ted! That's a Seriously interesting little piece.

I'll have to have a crafty look at my mans garlic then. I find it interesting, actually, that he has garlic, ginger and the two sorts of peppers - All loose and pretty much displayed sitting in old cardboard boxes.

Supermarket, if I remember rightly, tends more towards plastic net bags.

Best of all, f course, I can simply Ask him! If someone's got a heated greenhouse - or what ever this stuff takes to produce? He'd just say.

I'll let this thread know, as soon as I establish anything :)

2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Thanks, Ted! That's a Seriously interesting little piece.

I'll have to have a crafty look at my mans garlic then. I find it interesting, actually, that he has garlic, ginger and the two sorts of peppers - All loose and pretty much displayed sitting in old cardboard boxes.

Supermarket, if I remember rightly, tends more towards plastic net bags.

Best of all, f course, I can simply Ask him! If someone's got a heated greenhouse - or what ever this stuff takes to produce? He'd just say.

I'll let this thread know, as soon as I establish anything :)

Grow it in pots in your kitchen mate, piece of piss ?

• Thanks 1