Foodies Of The Massive; My Curry?

7 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Research done. Himalayan Pink it shall be! :D  I Love the sound of the Cyprus Smoked! But, who ever heard of putting smoke in a curry? (I'm fukking mad for smoked stuff though! Got my Smokey pig chop powder. Love that!)

Also have it from time to time; where I got these 2. It's not a strong smoke so I find it just enhances flavours, it's goes beautiful with anything cheesy

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a very basic curry ,no chillies ,tomatoes ,spice ,herbs ,Pakistani pubic hairs ?

Oh, you poor, miserable fukkas!!! You weren't here, tonight, to help me get amongst These!!! Al' Rocks!  Nuff fukking said!!!

Oh; Dear Fukking God!!! Sorry. I Know I said I'd put a shot on 'What's Cooking'. But, why break from This thread, to show what amounts to the Culmination of all this? I tried to take a grea

Posted Images

Dark Night of the Salty Soul! :(

In my endless search for ... I don't know what, really. Just making some use of my later, shut in, years, I s'pose? I've latched onto this obsession with making the sort of curries I enjoyed in my younger days. Take aways.

Even " Chips in Curry Sauce " from where ever, was a ton better than the watery based  shit I produce now. It was thick. Brown. Spicy! It Coated a chip. It didn't just fukking wet it!

But, no. My latest bit of, fukking Superb quality, Italian made kit arrived today. Another week or so and I should be tooled up. Then, I'll be 'spice shopping'. And, that's why I came back in here, to remind myself which salt to look for. I also took a refreshed sniff around the contenders.

Wilf's Essex Based (Who'd have thought it?! :D) stuff actually reignited my aversion to putting Anything from British coastal waters near my mouth.

But, both that, and the Himalayan (No sewage soaked into it) stuff? Same finishing comments. They are Both luxuriant salts. Famed for their flavours and textures. But, as such, they are to be appreciated as a final garnish.

The salt slung into curries, on Al's? And, no doubt across India and UK's 'BIR' kitchens? It'll be no name, bought by the cwt. Bog standard " Kitchen Salt ". Bummer! Saxa it shall be then.

The monumental fukking irony here is, or course, that I'm like a recently blinded man now buying up 'Old Masters'! I vaguely remember having " Chicken Korma ", on my more worldly wife's advice. I understand a " Madras " is hotter. " Vindaloo " is borderline masochism?

But, " Rogen Josh "? WTF is That about? And these things " Old Phil " is legendarily addicted to ~ along with a bottle of Shiraz? Something beginning with a 'J', I think? Fukk knows. Imagine serving him one he liked though? A man who Knows his curry.

Mad, really. Like trying to learn French, from a book. And never having a frenchman to talk it to. I won't have much clue about what I'm doing. No kunt in the know to guide or correct me. But, I'll bet I'll have some fun! :D

4 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Dark Night of the Salty Soul! :(

In my endless search for ... I don't know what, really. Just making some use of my later, shut in, years, I s'pose? I've latched onto this obsession with making the sort of curries I enjoyed in my younger days. Take aways.

Even " Chips in Curry Sauce " from where ever, was a ton better than the watery based  shit I produce now. It was thick. Brown. Spicy! It Coated a chip. It didn't just fukking wet it!

But, no. My latest bit of, fukking Superb quality, Italian made kit arrived today. Another week or so and I should be tooled up. Then, I'll be 'spice shopping'. And, that's why I came back in here, to remind myself which salt to look for. I also took a refreshed sniff around the contenders.

Wilf's Essex Based (Who'd have thought it?! :D) stuff actually reignited my aversion to putting Anything from British coastal waters near my mouth.

But, both that, and the Himalayan (No sewage soaked into it) stuff? Same finishing comments. They are Both luxuriant salts. Famed for their flavours and textures. But, as such, they are to be appreciated as a final garnish.

The salt slung into curries, on Al's? And, no doubt across India and UK's 'BIR' kitchens? It'll be no name, bought by the cwt. Bog standard " Kitchen Salt ". Bummer! Saxa it shall be then.

The monumental fukking irony here is, or course, that I'm like a recently blinded man now buying up 'Old Masters'! I vaguely remember having " Chicken Korma ", on my more worldly wife's advice. I understand a " Madras " is hotter. " Vindaloo " is borderline masochism?

But, " Rogen Josh "? WTF is That about? And these things " Old Phil " is legendarily addicted to ~ along with a bottle of Shiraz? Something beginning with a 'J', I think? Fukk knows. Imagine serving him one he liked though? A man who Knows his curry.

Mad, really. Like trying to learn French, from a book. And never having a frenchman to talk it to. I won't have much clue about what I'm doing. No kunt in the know to guide or correct me. But, I'll bet I'll have some fun! :D

The names don't have to represent heat mate, all you do is when you make it adjust the chilli content for your pallet. So for example I have young children, when me or the misses make something like a curry or chilli we follow the recipe but won't add the chilli or sauce. This can produce a flavoursome meal without having the kids screaming. You can also using 'cooling agents' such as yoghurt if too hot after you've made it 

Here's 20 recipes to get you started 

https://www.delish.com/uk/cooking/recipes/g33455599/best-curry-recipes/

• Like 1

Beef Madras! Exactly where I'm fixing to kick off too, Sid :) Sort of experiment out from that bench mark.

Regards your Greek market? Lucky sod!!! I've got my own little shopping list, right here on my desk. Just looked over it. Ten types of spice to get. And, as ye'd know, that'll be barely touching the surface!

Can't do anything just yet. I'm flat broke! ? Can't keep running around buying sixty quid fukking burners! Not on my pension! Well worth it though. My few bits of kitchen gear are forming my pride and joy now. Italian made aluminium frying pan arrived yesterday. It's fukking gorgeous! :D

• Like 1

Well, this is getting just fukking 'Interesting'!

If we can just slow down for a minute, enough to Read posts, rather than just reading " Curry " and leaping in regardless?

1/ For what ever reasons, I practically Have To buy shit on line.

2/ Working from Neil's suggestion, I'm looking for 100g. I know what a Kg looks like. It's hardly something one use at a half teaspoon a time! :o 

3/ I'm saving jars. Uniform little things. I get them regularly enough. (Breaks my heart to think of the ones I bottle banked!) These will house my spices :)

4/ Every kuntz just completely taking the fukking piss on postage!!!!! I've just spent an Hour, digging around. Managed to grab 100g of Tumeric powder. £5.00, delivered to my door. Fukking Bargain, by what I'm facing!

I'm fukked with this, for the moment. Got other shit distracting me. But, I'd like to pop up a list of the stuff I so far Know I'll need in my spice rack. Be interested to hear of anything 'obvious' I'd be missing, and why?

Thanks, lads. Good thread ;)

4 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Well, this is getting just fukking 'Interesting'!

If we can just slow down for a minute, enough to Read posts, rather than just reading " Curry " and leaping in regardless?

1/ For what ever reasons, I practically Have To buy shit on line.

2/ Working from Neil's suggestion, I'm looking for 100g. I know what a Kg looks like. It's hardly something one use at a half teaspoon a time! :o 

3/ I'm saving jars. Uniform little things. I get them regularly enough. (Breaks my heart to think of the ones I bottle banked!) These will house my spices :)

4/ Every kuntz just completely taking the fukking piss on postage!!!!! I've just spent an Hour, digging around. Managed to grab 100g of Tumeric powder. £5.00, delivered to my door. Fukking Bargain, by what I'm facing!

I'm fukked with this, for the moment. Got other shit distracting me. But, I'd like to pop up a list of the stuff I so far Know I'll need in my spice rack. Be interested to hear of anything 'obvious' I'd be missing, and why?

Thanks, lads. Good thread ;)

Most of them you can get from Tesco mate.

Another thing is buy a coriander plant and just keep it on the window sill

• Like 1
On 10/11/2020 at 16:23, sid g said:

not over till next may but i`ll gladly pick you some up and post them on   Shopping In Kos Greece High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

Not in Kos Town that is it Sid ?....i seem to remember a few big foodie gaffs like that in the main square there.

If and when you get over there again if you ever find your way up into that little town Zia and get a few bottles of their Cinnamon drink up there i,ll reward you handsomely ?......gorgeous it was,not had anything even remotely as good since.

6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Not in Kos Town that is it Sid ?....i seem to remember a few big foodie gaffs like that in the main square there.

If and when you get over there again if you ever find your way up into that little town Zia and get a few bottles of their Cinnamon drink up there i,ll reward you handsomely ?......gorgeous it was,not had anything even remotely as good since.

How much we talking? Is it worth me booking a flight?? ??

15 minutes ago, sid g said:

its the indoor market gnash Municipal Market of Kos - Exterior View

Thats the one mate ?....i remember dashing around there a few hours before we was flying home trying to get that Cinnamon drink,got some but wasnt a patch on the stuff we had up in Zia.

IMG_5073.jpg

15 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

How much we talking? Is it worth me booking a flight?? ??

I'm fukking near booking a flight, just to get amongst those spices! :o

I finally managed to grab 100g of ground Turmeric, off Amalier, last night. Fiver!

FFS.jpg.17aa5a1db87735073c390d763f9b4f92.jpg

I have someone over there! I wonder if she ever gets near places like that? Maybe an email might be in order!

Paying her for her time and trouble couldn't possibly work out more shit 'n hassle than trying to buy small amounts of shit, from half a dozen companies, half of which have sold out of what I need. And all of which want a days wages for fukking delivery of a few ounces!