What If Rabbits Could Kill You?

1 hour ago, king said:

To right they will I seen a good vid maybe 20yrs ago now of some hillbilly's using bulldogs fair play once them dogs had ear hold.it was time to hold on tight.fair play to the dogs they took some hammer but held firm.1 boar even killed a blood hound I think the dog was.and started drifting down the stream.looks some good fun though I must admit..

I’ve got that on vhs in my shed still have t thought about that for years if I remember one man gets stuck up a tree and drops his gun and the other man says to leave it it’s only a gun not worth getting hurt over

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't pull the trigger on a bear or lion or any big cat.to be honest.unless my life depended on it.

The mighty rat scarer ! Lol 

I will tell you something now. A perfectionist will never find perfection ......

Posted Images

This guy was legit as they come.

A Lion Heart
A riveting testimony to the heart of this incredible man occurred on that same African hunt. Once again Schafer faced death unwaveringly. While in the company of Professional Hunter Con Van Wyk and another bowhunter, Ted Jaycock, Schafer spotted a lioness running ahead of their Land Rover. Jaycock jammed on the brakes and sneaked into nearby brush with video camera in hand as Van Wyk, armed with a .375 Holland & Holland, attempted a stalk. The battery in Schafer’s video camera expired, so he instinctively grabbed his recurve and tagged along.

From out of nowhere the lion charged, targeting Schafer. Unfortunately, Van Wyk did not see or hear the lioness approaching. She was only a few yards away when Schafer drew, released, and watched his arrow disappear into the animal’s rib cage. Almost simultaneously, Van Wyk fired a shot with the bullet lodging just below the big cat’s eye, causing her to swerve and turn on him. In an instant, she had him pinned against a tree, raking him over with scalpel-like claws. All he could do was hold out his rifle to keep the beast’s powerful jaws at bay.

Nocking another arrow, Schafer calmly focused on the raging beast, now at 10 yards. When he could not find an opening to shoot, he considered pulling the lioness off the guide. She apparently caught his movement and stared him down briefly before retreating without warning. Out of instinct, Schafer drove a second arrow through the bounding animal. The next day, with Van Wyk patched up and on his feet, the hunters returned to the site with game officials to find the 350-pound lioness dead 150 yards from the attack scene.

https://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/bowhunting/paul-schafer-part-2

Who Grew The Horns?
A case in point is the huge Rocky Mountain goat Schafer arrowed after passing up big billy after big billy on a grueling hunt.

“Two months later I put a tape to those horns,” wrote Barry Wensel. “Checking my figures twice, I learned the goat was not only a new Montana state record, but if entered in the records (it) would rank #2 in the world. When I (gave) Paul the news, I’ll never forget his reaction. He simply said, ‘Huh? Good for him.’ ‘Good for who?’ I asked. ‘Good for the goat,’ Paul replied. ‘He’s the one that grew the horns, not me.’”

https://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/bowhunting/paul-schafer-part-1

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I once told the septic's I hadn't read Capstick but loved Corbett. The sound of backs getting up was deafening! :D They fukking Hate us!

Forest; I believe that film you're thinking of was " Night of the Lepus ". Bit fuckked up, as it supposedly featured Rabbits!

Yes that was it cheers ??

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Have shown this before, but basically I had contact from a farmer that had had a sheep eaten alive and suspected a cat had done it, after checking it out the sheep had become trapped and eaten by the wild bore while it was still alive, I came across this picture while researching pig impacts  ?

64276549-560D-4906-B548-E5E5584ADBC0.jpeg

Boar /feral hogs are terrible for livestock killing ask any nz or American farmer .

22 minutes ago, General lee said:

I’ve got that on vhs in my shed still have t thought about that for years if I remember one man gets stuck up a tree and drops his gun and the other man says to leave it it’s only a gun not worth getting hurt over

That's the exact same 1 mate.the bulldogs do well holding on don't they..

4 hours ago, king said:

That's sounds spot on mate.i wouldn't mind doing something like that.

If I remember right I'm sure a nature programme I watched once said some bears can run as fast as a racehorse.

You obviously wouldn't have a chance escaping that..

I don't believe that tbh, numerous animals including Wolves can outrun a bear quite comfortably. Of course they will be much faster than a human, but a racehorse, nar. 

18 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I don't believe that tbh, numerous animals including Wolves can outrun a bear quite comfortably. Of course they will be much faster than a human, but a racehorse, nar. 

I must be mistaken then..

A friend of mine was canoeing on a river in Canada a few years back following the melting ice, he had the big cans of bear spray with him, they landed on an island in the river and my mate started walking toward the tree line while his mate stayed with the boat, as my mate got close to the trees he spotted a bear cub so got the can out and started backing away, next thing mum standing on two feet comes rolling out the trees towards him, he said he looked at the can looked at the bear threw the can and legged it down the beach screaming at his mate to get the canoe going, ?

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You play with fire you can't complain if you get burned. 

That fella who got savaged by a Grizzly took it very well. 

when this vid clip ends, there are a few clips of a bloke called Steve Rindella that are quite good apart from the initial heavy metal tat.!  The one up on the left is a good demo of how to gut out a deer.  Fancy going out into bear country with bear spray and no rifle.  He was lucky to be able to walk out 3 miles.  I wonder how far and long it is to get into surgery.?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, socks said:

I was browsing YouTube and came across a load of Ozzy pig dog videos and there was a dog on there called horse ? when they called for horse to be let loose the fukcing pigs were going nowhere ???

The “Hogs, Dogs & Quads” DVDs are decent mate, I could get round a bit of that.

They are taking like a dozen pigs a morning and stuff running the dogs off the back of quad bikes, it’s mega like ?

• Like 1