Yea as Joe said Gin Traps. My father and his father used them for rabbits. I found some smaller ones on a farm tip think they were for Rats I used to set them at the bottom of the garden, told that story before on here. The little brass trigger cleans up well as they are brass. I flogged a load to a Antique shop that I found on the same tip cleaned the rust of sprayed them mat black and polished the little brass triggers.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

BB; They're Wire Spring's. That makes them about the most modern form of gin.

" Plumb Bob " was a common enough brand name. Made by the famous Henry Lane firm. Nice that it Has a name on it though. Let us know what might turn up on the other two.

If my memory serves me correctly? (And we Shouldn't rely on that!) I Think gin traps remained legal, in Scotland, for fox up until 1973, was it?

What ever. Go Here and have a look. Their catalogues were offering them to Scotland in 1972.

Useful and informative info KD...?

I only had a few seasons with the Gins,...and I can only say that they were a inhumane device for catching rabbits in the burrows,...but ,they have never been beaten, for efficiency.

• Thanks 1
On 05/10/2020 at 18:45, myersbg said:

Clean em up and see if you can find something like this to mount them on, these are some i had over in my collection ,  put them up in the beaters cabin where i go

DSCN1386.JPG

They look awesome mate what did you use to clean them up with