Ticks

Compo21

Hi, it's a common problem here. Don't put anything on the tick. When I was a teenager we used lighted cigarette or painted various oils on them with a modelmakers brush. That was late 70s ?. Took ages and was unreliable. Much older and a bit wiser I use fine pointed tweezers, assuming your ferrets are calm get some reading glasses on and slide tweezers over top of body and head so the ends grip the front of the head and pull firmly. I also use frontline although it's a powerful insecticide and not ideal for regular use. Overwinter only I treat them every 4 to 6 weeks, actually my main aim is to reduce fleas which are also a PIA. It's "off label" so be careful with dosing. If you can get it without a vet visit then you'll need a calculator to guesstimate how many spray pumps to give them based on bodyweight, I then brush it over them. The insecticide is in a volatile solvent which the don't like on bare skin. ?

2 minutes ago, Arry said:

I have put this up before somewhere and are well handy especially if the buggers are near the eyes.

Cheers Arry

Call them Tom O Tick here, great for the kids an animals, small ones for nymphs big one for adults, £4 at our vet.

• Like 2