Couple more foxes

Numbers 112 and 113 were hard won to be honest .The full moon dosnt best work with the hunter I’ve found but these things have to eat and both eventually came to a deer head I had staked out .A small shoot near me with no keeper to speak of just a farmer feeding birds having trouble with a few foxes taking pheasants first light .Somebody else had apparently had a go but without success .Been on my list for a while but time and other commitments meant it had to take a back seat .
The shoot borders a large estate where they hammer the foxes incessantly so I’m guessing these foxes had seen and heard most calls ,distractions but as said they still have to eat .
Ive been baiting a field for a few nights  with whatever I had handy ,deer head legs and rabbits and everything going .

Sat on a bank about 150 from the bait and waited ,full moon probably glinting on the old bald head ?

Waited and waited until a fox came into the field at 11.45 ,I was looking at a whatapp sent and happened to look up .
No thermal could see him plainly at 100 .Rifle already on sticks and pointing that way so no needless shuffling .No IR just the pard 007 and down it goes ,a dog .Long wait again and about 2 hours later ,same route in comes another .This one wasn’t for standing still long but ran straight to the bait and tried to pick it up .Thermal this time as it was in the shadows .Failing to carry it ,it tried to bury it there on the spot but a .223 stopped that abruptly .

A vixen .

3F681B29-4233-47BF-B03D-D1680E9FF23E.jpeg

96B0B003-9CAF-4019-B536-8B2F74C7173D.jpeg

• Like 11

I was out the other night ,not foxing more of a reconnaissance and counted 12 foxes off the country lanes around me .I have the shooting on all of it .I don’t shoot non problem foxes unless asked to do so .My tally would double if I just went round foxing for no reason .

15 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Mines strictly by choice mate ?

I’ve had to concede defeat. Despite my best combing and styling ( think Trump , but not quite) my scalp was clearly visible . So now I sit on a chair in the back garden , with a sheet wrapped around me ,  while my daughter hacks away with the dog grooming clippers  , it’s a pathetic, sad sight of a defeated man .? 

• Haha 8
55 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve had to concede defeat. Despite my best combing and styling ( think Trump , but not quite) my scalp was clearly visible . So now I sit on a chair in the back garden , with a sheet wrapped around me ,  while my daughter hacks away with the dog grooming clippers  , it’s a pathetic, sad sight of a defeated man .? 

What?  Trump is the sad one, your bursting with to much testosterone.

Blokes with hair are carrying to much female hormones!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3