A quick mooch after a phone call of the farmer !

Had a late message of a resident on a estate I shoot on, 10pm Saturday night, there's a fox about, 

Belly full of Indian food, reply was I will have a run up Sunday night, 

Well Sunday was a good day, shoot my first 100 sporting registered comp, 78 /100 , 

Then ventured up go my permission with the 17hmr as ive just put a new pard nv008plrf on the 223c& haven't scoped it in yet! 

A fox was spotted in the thermal,  a good 600 yrds out, a few good squeaks on the caller in it come, it dropped down in the valley 274 yards away, then appears on my side of the valley,  a few more squeaks in he comes  it msde a fatal mistake & stops for a look, 176 yrds , straight to sleep with a lovely head shot, straight through the top of its head, dropped on the spot, 

Happy Sundays

IMG-20200927-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200927-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200927-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200927-WA0003.jpg

• Like 16

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a late message of a resident on a estate I shoot on, 10pm Saturday night, there's a fox about,  Belly full of Indian food, reply was I will have a run up Sunday night,  Well Sunday was a

Got my mate a spotter like yours sd, he’s a lot like you, known him since school and he picks up a big lamp and shotgun over the .223 he has 90% of the time! I don’t know how he dose it, we split

It was a cracking shot Stav i was there errrr who spotted it seany boy atvbjimmy

Posted Images

5 hours ago, David.evans said:

Nice shooting Sean 

won the lottery did ya , lol 

nice to hear that jimmy was out with you 

you both make a good team, stay safe lads 

atb 

We have been shooting and fishing together for well over 20+ yrs David

thats a long time with a little fat twat ?

All joking apart dave we have been through a lot together both good and bad on both sides

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Sean is the Pard 008 a new one or one with the stronger laser because I have heard on several forums that the new ones are not a patch on the earlier ones with a few guys saying they have fitted an extra IR torch as the range was so poor.  In fact whilst in the RFD the other day, a young guy who works there offered £900 for my pal's as it is a year old and classed as an older model.  The young guy stopped bidding on ebay for the 008 at £900, it went for £1200 according to the young guy.

He should have sold it and bought something else and have cash left over.

Phil

1 hour ago, philpot said:

Sean is the Pard 008 a new one or one with the stronger laser because I have heard on several forums that the new ones are not a patch on the earlier ones with a few guys saying they have fitted an extra IR torch as the range was so poor.  In fact whilst in the RFD the other day, a young guy who works there offered £900 for my pal's as it is a year old and classed as an older model.  The young guy stopped bidding on ebay for the 008 at £900, it went for £1200 according to the young guy.

Phil

I have 2 of the older nv008 , 1 original non lrf & 1 about a year old lrf, just bought a brand new nv008plrf & its not a patch on the other 2 older models,  the ir is crap, i even took the diffuser out the brand new 1 & it gained nothing,  made the ir crosshatched,  so i put the diffuser back in ! The older versions are much better !

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, philpot said:

Phil

Phil , there is a filter which needs removing , then after that it becomes brighter 

just seen what viz said , but a lot have said it works a lot better without the filter 

• Thanks 1