Government scheme for adult learning

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-54330880

The perfect opportunity to get yourself out of a hole. 

I've had enough of the railway and fancy something new, trouble is I don't know what. 

I've got lots of interests and such but would love a job that gives me more time with the family and one where I'm my own man, something interesting and different. 

If you could retrain what route would you take? 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hoping to be moving soon and have already got myself a little doer upper boat that I will be renovating through the winter ready to sell in spring /summer, as long as all goes well should make decent

Maybe it’s me being an old fogey but the the last 20 odd years everything got too “professional”.......it was all bits of paper and method statements and young clever c**ts with no idea of a mans word

I've never really known what 'the dream' is, still don't. But if I was to start over, and with hindsight, I think ten years in the forces and then train as a PH in Africa would probably suit me.

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I've had enough of the railway and fancy something new, trouble is I don't know what. 

I've got lots of interests and such but would love a job that gives me more time with the family and one where I'm my own man, something interesting and different. 

I’d put you in a manual roll, go for electrician or Plummer, get ticketed up to the max and earn good money  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Greyman said:

I’d put you in a manual roll, go for electrician or Plummer, get ticketed up to the max and earn good money  

Not for me buddy, I have no interest in any of those despite them paying good money. 

Obviously I'd take them over my current job but can't see me wanting to do either. ?

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Not for me buddy, I have no interest in any of those despite them paying good money. 

Obviously I'd take them over my current job but can't see me wanting to do either. ?

The tickets are the key mate, just booked my boiler for a service the boy will come and do it and matey will write a ticket, same when they fit it, he turns up on the last days checks and commissions it rights a ticket cops the wedge and gets on think big ?

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Max’s travel agent ? 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The tickets are the key mate, just booked my boiler for a service the boy will come and do it and matey will write a ticket, same when they fit it, he turns up on the last days checks and commissions it rights a ticket cops the wedge and gets on think big ?

I know it can be great money but it just doesn't interest me that much truth be told. 

I've come to the conclusion that job fulfilment is almost as important as money. ?

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Undertaker ... 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I've always said when I hit 50 I'm going in  a different job direction I've spent almost 30 years in workshop's grafting my bollocks off so it will be time for a change to something a little less demanding, what that's going to be I have no idea but it will be something completely different so this thread has sparked my interest. 

• Like 2