Mudhol hound

13 hours ago, Maximus Ferret said:

They eat them too mate, and ferrets, bats 'n all.

Lol, you see those wet markets on you tube mf? Me and the mrs watched quite a few of them a few months ago, couldn't believe what we were seeing! 

I said on here just after we watched em, I will NEVER buy another meal from a chinese takeaway ever again. They been handling animals/food that way for a couple of thousand years, maybe longer. They aint going to change those sorts of food handling/hygeine methods after just a few generations in more civilised countries.

Edited by shaaark
On 30/09/2020 at 08:37, General lee said:

They don’t look bad dogs and it’s nice to see them being used but I doubt they will have the power or courage to stop a man

Looks like a bit of local pride/kudus as much as anything, proud of their local hound so finding something for it to show it off..

Xenophon born 430 BC in his treatise on dogs ends the discussion of hunting hares and begins discussing how to hunt fawns, deer, and calves. He also now suggests using the Indian hound because they are larger, quicker, and more courageous.

6 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

I really beleave this type of juckel would have come to Europe and uk with the Romani "Indian tribes "when they migrated from India .

these kanny people wouldn't have left there hunting dogs behind ? 

5 hours ago, sandymere said:

Reading about the history of these dogs and salukis, it seems pretty clear that arabs/persians brought saluki type dogs to india, which mudhols, kannis etc are descended from?  They do bear a very strong resemblance to salukis, especially some of the smoother types.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

I really beleave this type of juckel would have come to Europe and uk with the Romani "Indian tribes "when they migrated from India .

these kanny people wouldn't have left there hunting dogs behind ? 

Reading a bit more into when and where from, the romani first came to britain, I believe you're more than likely correct mooch.

But I can't understand, or find, any real evidence of, if they actually did, english/british crusaders bringing saluki types back to britain with them in the 12th century.

3 hours ago, shaaark said:

Reading a bit more into when and where from, the romani first came to britain, I believe you're more than likely correct mooch.

But I can't understand, or find, any real evidence of, if they actually did, english/british crusaders bringing saluki types back to britain with them in the 12th century.

even if they did the land  was so different, coursing as we know it would be for rich only, and romany would be interested in pot filling, that they would soon die out, and when the official first saluki import took place they were  only interested in the pure breed, so to me no impact until, the working man got his hands on it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, two crows said:

even if they did the land  was so different, coursing as we know it would be for rich only, and romany would be interested in pot filling, that they would soon die out, and when the official first saluki import took place they were  only interested in the pure breed, so to me no impact until, the working man got his hands on it.

Much like the greyhound 

Iii thiink 

• Like 1