Is it best to use young canary’s for muling?

20 hours ago, gnipper said:

The problem with young hens is you don't know if they will be any good at feeding young but its a gamble you take. 

My dad always used to keep a few mongrel red factor canaries to use as foster parents. I used to sit in his bird shed for hours when i was kid, miss those days and him.

• Like 8
  • 3 months later...
On 03/10/2020 at 09:13, talt said:

My dad always used to keep a few mongrel red factor canaries to use as foster parents. I used to sit in his bird shed for hours when i was kid, miss those days and him.

Yeah I know that feeling. Sometimes I get a smell of the bird shed when I'm in a pet shop or something and it takes me back. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Yeah I know that feeling. Sometimes I get a smell of the bird shed when I'm in a pet shop or something and it takes me back. 

You could have had some birds there but you want them horrible hook beaked noisy buggers instead ?

They'll enjoy eating your new shed.

Edited by gnipper
1 hour ago, gnipper said:

You could have had some birds there but you want them horrible hook beaked noisy buggers instead ?

They'll enjoy eating your new shed.

I will have some birds at some point. But I think I want a proper bird room with banks of cages and an armchair in! The new shed is either Birmingham rollers or some nice avairy birds to look at in the summer. Or both ??

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I will have some birds at some point. But I think I want a proper bird room with banks of cages and an armchair in! The new shed is either Birmingham rollers or some nice avairy birds to look at in the summer. Or both ??

Miss my rollers would let them out when I was gardening And just wach them n do no gardening 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

I got a young horseman x till doo here, will pair upto at hen an give you summat to watch kick about ?

How did the youngster turn out Katch? 

I'm tempted to put my other cuban doo to the hen and see what they chuck. The black doo bred 2 whites with the white hen. I want some blues.