DIY roof ladders

Iv got a set of lyte roofing ladders but there a nightmare to get on a roof yourself, waste of f***ing money. 

Nearly knocked myself of the ladders when I couldn't get the roofing ladder onto the roof as it's to heavy. 

I want to build a one tier roof ladder out of wood, an make it as light as possible, iv been working on roofs years, it's just to get me on the roof to manouvere it won't be holding much weight, probably 75kg.

Anyone built one or have an idea? 

2 minutes ago, Francie said:

Yeah ollie iv an old hook for the top, easy enough Don lol il show you a pic when it's done?

My big roof ladder had a set of wheels on one side and the big metal hoop on the other, dead easy to push it up on the wheels and just flip it over at the top to hook on, my suggestion is it may be easier and safer to add a set of wheels to your current heavy laddder than build something last used by Noah ?

• Like 1

im 43 years at the painting game and i wont go up on them yokes ever again,when i start work with a company the 1st thing i do is make it clear under no circumstances will i ever go on a roof ladder.....its great peace of mind to know ill never be asked lol

• Haha 1

I've got a fifteen foot, square runged ali' ladder here. Proper hip bow, with wheels.

I'm skin and bone. Getting old and haven't lifted a finger in fukking decades. But, last time I had to? I managed to run this thing up my roof. Off a ladder. And flip it over to set the hook.

Figure you for a bit younger, and fitter, Francie? How could you not manage this thing?

14 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I've got a fifteen foot, square runged ali' ladder here. Proper hip bow, with wheels.

I'm skin and bone. Getting old and haven't lifted a finger in fukking decades. But, last time I had to? I managed to run this thing up my roof. Off a ladder. And flip it over to set the hook.

Figure you for a bit younger, and fitter, Francie? How could you not manage this thing?

The one iv have is two tier, but to short if you take a tier off, it has wheels an hooks the whole lot, it's just to j heavy to manouvere on your own onto a roof. 

31 minutes ago, Greyman said:

My big roof ladder had a set of wheels on one side and the big metal hoop on the other, dead easy to push it up on the wheels and just flip it over at the top to hook on, my suggestion is it may be easier and safer to add a set of wheels to your current heavy laddder than build something last used by Noah ?

They have wheels an all grey, its carrying it up a ladder then trying to get it on the roof, it's just to heavy mate. 

9 minutes ago, Francie said:

It says there only 20kg ffs I just checked my 20kg dumbell an by f**k them ladders are heavier??

:o Bloody hell! How long is this thing?! I've no concept of what mine might weigh. But the thought of carting over 20kg about? That sounds like my big, foldable one. That thing's a pig! I need to shift it thirty yards and am yet to get the will to do it! :D

15 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

:o Bloody hell! How long is this thing?! I've no concept of what mine might weigh. But the thought of carting over 20kg about? That sounds like my big, foldable one. That thing's a pig! I need to shift it thirty yards and am yet to get the will to do it! :D

Ahhhhh now you see my problem mate?