question...about running lines

TOMO

ok ....so in the past when ever I have had a running line snap/bitten by a rabbit...I have ussualy replaced the hole thing or spliced it back together.....

but I was thinking this presset net ...I don't really need to do that...cos each section of net is like it own net....

could I knot just replace the running line between the two poles on the section that has snapped..?????

4 hours ago, TOMO said:

ok ....so in the past when ever I have had a running line snap/bitten by a rabbit...I have ussualy replaced the hole thing or spliced it back together.....

but I was thinking this presset net ...I don't really need to do that...cos each section of net is like it own net....

could I knot just replace the running line between the two poles on the section that has snapped..?????

traditional man myself tomo. like you say each section is I think like a little stop net, so I would think you will be fine with that. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, neil b said:

Get your running shoes on tommo and get to the net quicker preventing bunnies biting there way through the lines..... simples??

mate...its never my fault for not getting to them quickly....its always who ever is out hunting with me....I just blame them..:D

• Haha 2

I just spliced 2 bottom lines, dropped a couple of quick sets myself one night and had to walk the field myself, i knew what was coming, both had a section of running line chewed, still managed 31 rabbits so it made fixing them easier. As for holes in meshes, i often have my nets run out in the field fixing them, i just nail knot the meshes back together, these old nets i use for ferreting woods and night time are like patchwork but still do the job grand, made myself a new quick set up for ferreting clean bits with my collie pup. set this one at 7yds, in one of my little baskets, great light set up for ratching about, 49yds long.

On 03/10/2020 at 08:36, lifelong cumbrian said:

I just spliced 2 bottom lines, dropped a couple of quick sets myself one night and had to walk the field myself, i knew what was coming, both had a section of running line chewed, still managed 31 rabbits so it made fixing them easier. As for holes in meshes, i often have my nets run out in the field fixing them, i just nail knot the meshes back together, these old nets i use for ferreting woods and night time are like patchwork but still do the job grand, made myself a new quick set up for ferreting clean bits with my collie pup. set this one at 7yds, in one of my little baskets, great light set up for ratching about, 49yds long.

yeh fixed a load of holes in my hundred yarder the other day....i just sat on our village park with the hundred set up...going along fixing holes

nail knot ?? aint that what they use in fly fishing.....how do you use that on a long net mate

• Like 1
On 03/10/2020 at 08:36, lifelong cumbrian said:

Is there any pictures of splicing please

That is the way I repair the burst meshes, I just nail knot them back together, works fine, I am always fixing burst nets. Instead of using a nail, use a plastic cotton bud stem, just push the twine up the middle of the tube. Would do a video but can’t get them on, I could send you one tomo if you are on WhatsApp.

87FBEDAC-C54D-4E3D-9550-92A3268E9C83.jpeg

• Like 1