Bit of a mixed weekend

Went out Friday night on a rabbit job with my N355 that "didn't need zeroing" as when I checked its zero a few days ago, it was cock-on. It had survived being taken off my 22LR, put on my Hornet and back on the 22LR again, not to mention a 1000+ mile round trip to Scotland without losing zero. First few shots of the night, no problem, doing its job as expected. Then all of a sudden - miles out. It was so far out, we didn't even know where to look for the bullet strike. Apparently this is a known issue with N355s suddenly losing their zero. I'd always defended them as I had never had a problem, but when there is one, it's a big one. Luckily it's still under warranty, but I don't know if I want a replacement now as I know of someone who has had 2 replacements and they've been just as bad. I'm going to check it tomorrow to see how far out it is. I think it'll be nearer feet than inches. 

Put that night down to experience.

Saturday night we went out after a few foxes. It was cool, dark and windy - maybe a bit too windy but we gave it a go. There were quite a few out though and in 4 hours we managed 6 dog foxes between us. They were all big and healthy. 

This one was healthy too - except for the obvious. 

20200926_220053.jpg.36f9b8dc5fa4aa09ce65840737a055c1.jpg

We probably could have got a couple  more if we had stayed out but the wind was perishing and the idea of turning the truck heating up to 11 was just too much to resist so we called it a night. 

Good night out with the foxes Walshie. I’ve had a couple of “Bobtails” over the years . They certainly make you look twice when you see them . 
         Weird about the digisight ? I’ve got a N970 and I’ve not really had an issue with it . I’ve knocked/ dropped the rifle a few times and had to check Zero . And to be honest it can take a knock . Hope you get it sorted.?

• Like 1