4 months for badgers

1 minute ago, stumfelter said:

What I can't get my head around is who gains by "testing" the dog to extremes?

Everyone in the world who still hunts with dogs is the answer to that......it’s simple and it’s obvious mate ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with JDhunting about the upside down justice system that gives more punishment for this than peados or burglary.                But there is an underlying sentiment on this thread that the o

My point is that running dogs on badgers is bad for dogs , and ultimately bad for the image of running dogs . But we don’t need to worry about it do we , because it’s banned anyway.             I’m

4 months and between 2 and 5 grand fines for knocking a pig but you can throw statues in Bristol docks with absolutely no come back......amazing ! 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, WILF said:

I dont have a problem with either mate.

It wouldn’t be my cup of tea matching dogs but that breed needs them blokes doing what the dogs were meant to do.....more power to their elbow I say.

I have seen dogs that could put anything to sleep in seconds, if a dogs fighting and brawling then maybe don’t run it at those things or look for better blood.

I've seen dogs do the same, game over by the time you get to the animal but I've also seen well bred dogs struggle to finish things. 

If they don't find the nack for it then it can get drawn out. 

I agree with you, even if you couldn't bring yourself to do what the dogmen do then let someone else do it, at the end of the day it's what moulded the dog in to the animal that it is. 

Without these sorts of men they would be just another useless mutt shitting on your grass. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, WILF said:

It’s only in humane when you are using absolute shit to do it with mate, But the rub with hunting dogs is that you have to go through the process of finding out....there’s no way round it.

We ain’t talking pedigree dogs here where the dogs whole worth is on a bit of paper, that worth has to be discovered and there is only one way to discover it......

Similar to being a teenager and the boys saying ginger fanny's smell.

So you have to go through the process yourself of litterally breaking the seal on the panties.dipping a finger and smelling it.

That's the only way to discover for yourself.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

I've seen dogs do the same, game over by the time you get to the animal but I've also seen well bred dogs struggle to finish things. 

If they don't find the nack for it then it can get drawn out. 

I agree with you, even if you couldn't bring yourself to do what the dogmen do then let someone else do it, at the end of the day it's what moulded the dog in to the animal that it is. 

Without these sorts of men they would be just another useless mutt shitting on your grass. 

There you have it, well put mate ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

Everyone in the world who still hunts with dogs is the answer to that......it’s simple and it’s obvious mate ?

I'm sure there's dogs out there catching rabbits whose dam or sire have never had to course a Hereford bull...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, king said:

Similar to being a teenager and the boys saying ginger fanny's smell.

So you have to go through the process yourself of litterally breaking the seal on the panties.dipping a finger and smelling it.

That's the only way to discover for yourself.

You didn't shove it up the wrong hole did you? ?

• Haha 1

Just a wild throw at stuff . 

I don’t know if any of you follow gallelio closely. But it’s the death knell of Dog based field sports imho. 
lincs is quite easily the worst place for coursing , always has been and it seem they have their shit together . They have quietly grown this brand of policing it with forces using anpr cameras , patrols , drones , helis , quads and a massive drive in the local community , going to schools , having the lacs , the wildlife trusts , the nfu, neighbourhood watch etc all working in the same page . Look how the fen lads are portrayed in the media now , they are on the local news , police interceptors , documentaries. 
all the usual gambling nonsense , using the dark web , organised crime syndicates etc . 

they have literally thrown a veil over all of us . You could be the nicest easiest lad in the works and you walk out in the bourne road with two Sal greys with your pal , the chances are you going home minus the dogs , you phone , the motor and even your licence . 

its f***ing bollocks how mounted packs can dance on at free rein and the coursing boys a re paying the band . 

but while this started there , it’s getting ridiculous, Cambridgeshire, humberside , Essex , Norfolk, Suffolk , the various Yorkshires are all buying into that brand , you follow them on twitter and it’s spreading  Before your eyes , apps to report poachers , direct lines to gallelio teams, wildlife crime officers having budgets increased . 

It’s really weighed onto us and it’s genuinely only a short time before it truly becomes untenable to be involved in that day game  

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

I'm sure there's dogs out there catching rabbits whose dam or sire have never had to course a Hereford bull...

Don’t be silly mate, you are more sensible than that ?

16 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

What I can't get my head around is who gains by "testing" the dog to extremes? The dog? Probably not, the quarry? Definitely not, the owner? He probably wins the latest dick swinging contest down the pub but only at the dogs expense.

Your not getting me a farm yard collie can catch bunnies in a lamp by testing a dog pushing it to its limits whilst knowing it's limits you know what you have nothing to do with dick swinging and trust me the biggest dick swingers normally own a cull a lurcher by defition is a all rounder not just a rabbit dog 

35 minutes ago, WILF said:

It’s only in humane when you are using absolute shit to do it with mate, But the rub with hunting dogs is that you have to go through the process of finding out....there’s no way round it.

We ain’t talking pedigree dogs here where the dogs whole worth is on a bit of paper, that worth has to be discovered and there is only one way to discover it......

Wilf its not inhumane even with shit dogs,like i say the rules of the game dont allow it.....and the process is no different to hunting dogs mate.

Just now, gnasher16 said:

Wilf its not inhumane even with shit dogs,like i say the rules of the game dont allow it.....and the process is no different to hunting dogs mate.

Sorry mate, I was talking about lurchers not anything else.

I don’t know the first thing about match dogs beyond type and a rough idea of what they do......I wouldn’t begin to comment on what constitutes a good one or a bad one because I wouldn’t know ?

Just now, WILF said:

Sorry mate, I was talking about lurchers not anything else.

I don’t know the first thing about match dogs beyond type and a rough idea of what they do......I wouldn’t begin to comment on what constitutes a good one or a bad one because I wouldn’t know ?

Snap 

I think as stiffy has alluded to, this "testing" of dogs is a thing of the past and certainly has no future for people who value their freedom but for those that have an overwhelming urge to carry on then the best of British.

• Like 1