4 months for badgers

6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Maybe its just the terminology i cant get to grips with its like the fat kid at school trying to stop you from stealing his dinner money.....its not " a fight " just because you are swapping punches he just wants you to go away and leave him alone.

I agree with Wilf if the dog kills quickly and efficiently its a good dog if it doesnt its not....anything else is simply down to choosing the right tools for the job.

?...that's a great way of putting it mate...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with JDhunting about the upside down justice system that gives more punishment for this than peados or burglary.                But there is an underlying sentiment on this thread that the o

My point is that running dogs on badgers is bad for dogs , and ultimately bad for the image of running dogs . But we don’t need to worry about it do we , because it’s banned anyway.             I’m

4 months and between 2 and 5 grand fines for knocking a pig but you can throw statues in Bristol docks with absolutely no come back......amazing ! 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Since man first came down from the trees ( or beamed down if your Francie ) the odds have always been in our favour regarding hunting .Hunting was for food so a necessity .That gene hasn’t gone away for those on here that actually hunt .Fairness has never entered  the equation for food harvesting or pest control .

I'm not an alien ye know lol

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

If you want to put your runner on brock, by all means fill your boots. For me imo it's not hunting, it's more akin to fighting. If a dog fights a boar instead of holding or baying, it's gonna be a dead dog sooner rather than later.

I'm sure you know exactly what I mean and you're just being pedantic ?

It's illegal to hunt broc here, that wasn't my point, my point was some on here earlier were trying to put hunting with heavy dogs down,doesn't matter the quarry, I'm having none of it, there not all one trick ponies mate. 

Folk putting other hu ters down, no wonder the games f****d. 

Edited by Francie
  • Like 1

I've always believed that the matching of dogs is more humane than hunting certain quarry with teeth. 

At least the former has two willing combatants of equal size.

Now I know some will think I'm sadistic thinking like that but to me I'm speaking perfect sense. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

I've always believed that the matching of dogs is more humane than hunting certain quarry with teeth. 

Now I know some will think I'm sadistic thinking like that but to me I'm speaking perfect sense. 

I always said the matching of dogs,done correctly....only becomes cruel or inhumane after the event....if an owner doesnt know how to doctor the dog etc......the contest itself while probably not acceptable in this day and age is governed by rules stopping it from being cruel or inhumane.....and thats why the rules are there.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I always said the matching of dogs,done correctly....only becomes cruel or inhumane after the event....if an owner doesnt know how to doctor the dog etc......the contest itself while probably not acceptable in this day and age is governed by rules stopping it from being cruel or inhumane.....and thats why the rules are there.

I think the gambling side of things is what upsets the powers that be more than the combat side of things. 

Just look at Japan, they still have legal bouts take place that have vets at the event and such. 

I'm not trying to say the sport smells of roses, it can be brutal beyond belief but is it more inhumane than sending a lurcher on a wild animal that doesn't want to play back? 

Edited by Greb147
7 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

It’s only in humane when you are using absolute shit to do it with mate, But the rub with hunting dogs is that you have to go through the process of finding out....there’s no way round it.

We ain’t talking pedigree dogs here where the dogs whole worth is on a bit of paper, that worth has to be discovered and there is only one way to discover it......

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

It’s only in humane when you are using absolute shit to do it with mate, But the rub with hunting dogs is that you have to go through the process of finding out....there’s no way round it.

We ain’t talking pedigree dogs here where the dogs whole worth is on a bit of paper, that worth has to be discovered and there is only one way to discover it......

Well of course if you find a dog that can turn the lights out quickly then all the better but sometimes it becomes a drawn out affair and all that's getting tested is the staying power of the dog. 

Anyway I'd still say killing an unwilling animal with a dog is no more morally correct than matching two willing animals against each other, that's just my opinion on the subject. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1

I totally agree with you greb I really do pal but in reality , that game looking back from a distance seemed very very organised in its roots and in Dixie land . 

I’m not using google here but I’m sure it’s now a federal crime and people like that f***ing animal Michael Vick were kinda the ultimate “last thing this game needs “ type people to be involved 

• Like 2

I get what you're saying though about not bothering anymore, I couldn't see myself getting another lurcher again in the current climate. 

For starters it's much more hot about these days and to me there's no point buying a Ferrari to drive down to the local Tesco.

To those that just want a bit of fun on a mooch out and about I would advise lads to get a lurcher from a dog pound, at least you're giving a dog a new life instead of banged up all day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Well of course if you find a dog that can turn the lights out quickly then all the better but sometimes it becomes a drawn out affair and all that's getting tested is the staying power of the dog. 

Anyway I'd still say killing an unwilling animal with a dog is no more morally correct than matching two willing animals against each other, that's just my opinion on the subject. 

I dont have a problem with either mate.

It wouldn’t be my cup of tea matching dogs but that breed needs them blokes doing what the dogs were meant to do.....more power to their elbow I say.

I have seen dogs that could put anything to sleep in seconds, if a dogs fighting and brawling then maybe don’t run it at those things or look for better blood.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I think the gambling side of things is what upsets the powers that be more than the combat side of things. 

Just look at Japan, they still have legal bouts take place that have vets at the event and such. 

I'm not trying to say the sport smells of roses, it can be brutal beyond belief but is it more inhumane than sending a lurcher on a wild animal that doesn't want to play back? 

I dont think the gambling matters mate.....some of the best matches through years have been for the price of a keep or just for sport its just for the same reason its illegal for 2 men to have a straightener in a public place organised violence outside of sport cannot be publicly condoned.....i get it and dont have a problem with it to be honest.....ethically though i agree with you.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I have hung my boots up now stum but in years gone by would I be happy just bunny bashing I doubt it will it test a dog like I think they should no I still like to see any good dog graft but with the law as it is I don't think there tested any were near as years gone by and what with mobiles /drones /ect plus as said penalties when caught fecking  hell they even have mobile DNA test kits  then the after math of a court case Windows getting popped ect I took a back seat but  I take my hat of to any lad still out and about doing a bit 

What I can't get my head around is who gains by "testing" the dog to extremes? The dog? Probably not, the quarry? Definitely not, the owner? He probably wins the latest dick swinging contest down the pub but only at the dogs expense.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I totally agree with you greb I really do pal but in reality , that game looking back from a distance seemed very very organised in its roots and in Dixie land . 

I’m not using google here but I’m sure it’s now a federal crime and people like that f***ing animal Michael Vick were kinda the ultimate “last thing this game needs “ type people to be involved 

Yeah I think it's been a federal crime since the 70's.

I'm not naive and stupid enough to not understand why it's outlawed, the sport is massively brutal at the end of the day for the dogs. 

Obviously we will never go back to times of old but I don't want to see the breed disappear to the realms of legends. 

Those in eastern Europe have it easier but they are a few decades behind, it won't be long before they clamp down on the sport over there IMO.