4 months for badgers

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with JDhunting about the upside down justice system that gives more punishment for this than peados or burglary.                But there is an underlying sentiment on this thread that the o

My point is that running dogs on badgers is bad for dogs , and ultimately bad for the image of running dogs . But we don’t need to worry about it do we , because it’s banned anyway.             I’m

4 months and between 2 and 5 grand fines for knocking a pig but you can throw statues in Bristol docks with absolutely no come back......amazing ! 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Yep, with a kevlar jacket ;) The idea is the dog either catches and holds or bales it up, not try to kill it. A dog on a badger is trying to kill it. 

But sure its a big nasty animal why put your dog on it, do they not get war wounds in the process? 

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Couldnt agree more,hence i cant quite get my nut round this " fair fight " thing........its not fair.....and its not a fight.

I think perhaps we need to be careful confusing fair competition with fair chase.

• Like 2

This is only my opinion, but a badger is not a running dogs quarry... a dog does not need to have running dog attributes to catch and dispatch a badger... 

I have no care for what other people hunt or do, but we all know the type of dog required for that type of work...and it ain't a dog meant for running down game...

I personally love watching a dog run, I.like the whole getting to grips with an animal which can be its equal when running... once that animal is caught it needs to be dispatched quickly.... if that animal is too good and escapes, then all credit to it and that is what makes running dogs unique... until the animal.is caught it is a "fair" encounter in many ways...

Each to their own regards what and how you want to hunt, but quite frankly to film the whole event is stupid and fuel for the fire.

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 15

Since man first came down from the trees ( or beamed down if your Francie ) the odds have always been in our favour regarding hunting .Hunting was for food so a necessity .That gene hasn’t gone away for those on here that actually hunt .Fairness has never entered  the equation for food harvesting or pest control .

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Francie said:

But sure its a big nasty animal why put your dog on it, do they not get war wounds in the process? 

If you want to put your runner on brock, by all means fill your boots. For me imo it's not hunting, it's more akin to fighting. If a dog fights a boar instead of holding or baying, it's gonna be a dead dog sooner rather than later.

I'm sure you know exactly what I mean and you're just being pedantic ?

• Like 5

Well, it’s an interesting conversation lads.

As I said in the other thread I had a dog I liked and I knew what he was.......but most importantly I also knew what he wasn’t and I never once said “well, you don’t need those things anyway so he is a proper thing”

He was a dog with limits ! ........and I didn’t decry other lads who’s dogs never had those limits to make my dog out to be something he wasn’t.

C.Green summed it up perfectly the other night when he wrote “I start wondering about the dog if it takes stuff into the next field.......” 

People with that attitude will be providing good blood for people who don’t for many years to come hopefully ?

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, WILF said:

Well, it’s an interesting conversation lads.

As I said in the other thread I had a dog I liked and I knew what he was.......but most importantly I also knew what he wasn’t and I never once said “well, you don’t need those things anyway so he is a proper thing”

He was a dog with limits ! ........and I didn’t decry other lads who’s dogs never had those limits to make my dog out to be something he wasn’t.

C.Green summed it up perfectly the other night when he wrote “I start wondering about the dog if it takes stuff into the next field.......” 

People with that attitude will be providing good blood for people who don’t for many years to come hopefully ?

You gotta be honest about your own dogs mate, and if you've seen a dog or 2 that can do everything put infront of it without blinking it's easy to be honest...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

You gotta be honest about your own dogs mate, and if you've seen a dog or 2 that can do everything put infront of it without blinking it's easy to be honest...

The biggest lie you can tell is to yourself ?because you will soon be found out the lads that need to big there dogs up it's this it's that are usually the ones that often get found wanting it's the lads that don't say a lot it's ok it does a job there normally the ones with something worth owning 

• Like 3

I know this is going to sound a bit 'out there' to some on here but why not just hunt what you can legally hunt? You won't need a homicidal wolf/honey badger cross and best of all the plod can't touch you. Just a thought like.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

I know this is going to sound a bit 'out there' to some on here but why not just hunt what you can legally hunt? You won't need a homicidal wolf/honey badger cross and best of all the plod can't touch you. Just a thought like.

I thinks that’s all anyone would do anyway mate.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, stumfelter said:

I have hung my boots up now stum but in years gone by would I be happy just bunny bashing I doubt it will it test a dog like I think they should no I still like to see any good dog graft but with the law as it is I don't think there tested any were near as years gone by and what with mobiles /drones /ect plus as said penalties when caught fecking  hell they even have mobile DNA test kits  then the after math of a court case Windows getting popped ect I took a back seat but  I take my hat of to any lad still out and about doing a bit 

Maybe its just the terminology i cant get to grips with its like the fat kid at school trying to stop you from stealing his dinner money.....its not " a fight " just because you are swapping punches he just wants you to go away and leave him alone.

I agree with Wilf if the dog kills quickly and efficiently its a good dog if it doesnt its not....anything else is simply down to choosing the right tools for the job.

• Like 4