4 months for badgers

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with JDhunting about the upside down justice system that gives more punishment for this than peados or burglary.                But there is an underlying sentiment on this thread that the o

My point is that running dogs on badgers is bad for dogs , and ultimately bad for the image of running dogs . But we don’t need to worry about it do we , because it’s banned anyway.             I’m

4 months and between 2 and 5 grand fines for knocking a pig but you can throw statues in Bristol docks with absolutely no come back......amazing ! 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, WILF said:

f**k me, there’s a shock, young lads doing stupid illegal stuff that old lads think is howling.......when did that start ? Lol ? 

Dont remember filming and plastering the stupid shit I done as a young un for all to see.... 

But I get the sentiment mate..?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

But since when was hunting fair ?

Coming from a bulldog background it took me a long while to really understand the difference between a fair fight and a hunt....i finally got my head around it when i realised hunting cannot be " fair " by its very nature.

In the words of my father "The square is fair and equal nature doesn't work that way" 

Edited by Rickshaw swami
  • Like 2

Lets face it.Its been illegal for the best part of 40years now and will remain so so going on about it on here is pointless and doing what they did is just plain f***ing stupid.Any lads that want to keep busy and fly under the radar wont be filming shit to stroke their pathetic egos and wont feel the need to discuss the right and wrongs of it on here either

• Like 6
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

lol your a weird one Stevo 

Ive come to the conclusion you don’t have to be double thick to be in the terrier game but by feck it helps .

The point i was making is your slating folk for filming stuff when you do the same, but never mind it maybe did need thinking about which i know is above you, so sorry for that :thumbs:...

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

At the end of the day you can't whine when you get nicked for filming something illegal. 

A bunch of lads I used to go out lamping with were plastered over the pages of the News of the World in the early 90's because one of my pals mothers new bloke found the video tape and reported them. 

The naming and shaming lead to bomb threats at their houses, letters sent through the post with razor blades in supposedly laced with poison and much  more. ?

I remember that well one lad from out that way showed me the video before it came on top for them . I thought it was okay tbh though it did make me think about taking photos of some of the deer we had when you had to have them developed at boots.

4 hours ago, WILF said:

Jmho, and as we have been harping on about in the other thread, blood matters and you don’t get decent blood unless lads throw stuff at dogs.

Its alright have your nice sensible, steady old thing but keep breeding that to other nice sensible, steady old things and pretty soon there’s f**k all dog left imho......now some folks may not like what other lads do or even their methods but you need them because without them there wouldn’t be a dog left in the world worth feeding.

We would all be down the pet shop buying them dog Elvis outfits and parading them round the park ! 

Long live the lads who want to see how brutal things can get and only breed from the dogs that can hack it.....we live off the chances they take ! 

Wilf , it’s not genetic engineering , they import a pit bull from Eastern Europe, it does the rounds , they sling it over greyhounds or any other bitch in season , they are not working dog Messiahs . 
              Most of the pups will do the business to one level or another. The trick is to get a dog that can work with other dogs , most are a bloody liability the owners family, to other dogs and livestock . Why we actually need dogs like this is a good question, but hey , each of us  to their own sport .

• Like 8
4 hours ago, Francie said:

I'm think the same as wilf gnash, it's not a fight, the dog has to kill the animal not fight with it mate. 

Exactly....so why does it need to be fair ?.....how far do you want to take fair...do you want to weigh the quarry before sending your dog at it just to make sure your dog doesnt have an advantage.....i get what Wilf is saying get it killed as quick and easy as possible....i just dont see where " fair " comes into it at all mate.

Edited by gnasher16
25 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Exactly....so why does it need to be fair ?.....how far do you want to take fair...do you want to weigh the quarry before sending your dog at it just to make sure your dog doesnt have an advantage.....i get what Wilf is saying get it killed as quick and easy as possible....i just dont see where " fair " comes into it at all mate.

There is no fair in hunting mate, you should only want to catch and kill as quickly as possible...but you know that.

I’ve never really been that bothered about heavy dogs or monsters as I didn’t run that way but no doubt at all that there are few more shithouse tricks than layering into sommat that can have a go back with canines that just aren’t capable . 

I had a big 27 inch bull cross who cost me 60 quid from down Whitehaven way pre ban and he left stuff like a crime scene . 
was it fair ? No 

was it clean ? No 

but it was a lot more humane than spending 2 or three hours pushing the clay away to a terrier and cerrrianly more so than putting two things at it on the beam that needed encouraging every twenty seconds . 

Also to add that when I was having him out a lot , the amount of foxes we bumped into that had been shot was unreal in certain areas , especially over the Cheviot side. I never felt as if we were doing anything wrong with that dog whatsoever 

• Like 4
On 26/09/2020 at 12:56, Daniel cain said:

Best not to have anything on your devices that can't be explained away and all above board.... Instagram, fools book, WhatsApp are not safe... Only place that is..... Is your own mind?

Telegram ;) set auto destruct on, totally encrypted and nothing is stored after it deletes the msgs :whistling:

Anyone daft enough to film themselves taking brock on with dogs and then posting it online, deserves what comes. Harsh sentences, agreed however they knew the risks and thought they were smart.... well they weren't!

Badgers are basically huge, mean, very angry ferrets. Putting a dog against them is a fight, not hunting imo.

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

You have a pm gnash

19 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Telegram ;) set auto destruct on, totally encrypted and nothing is stored after it deletes the msgs :whistling:

Anyone daft enough to film themselves taking brock on with dogs and then posting it online, deserves what comes. Harsh sentences, agreed however they knew the risks and thought they were smart.... well they weren't!

Badgers are basically huge, mean, very angry ferrets. Putting a dog against them is a fight, not hunting imo.

Your last paragraph shows you haven't a clue mush ??

Them boar are huge mean very angry beasts, would you let bron hunt one up? 

4 minutes ago, Francie said:

Your last paragraph shows you haven't a clue mush ??

Them boar are huge mean very angry beasts, would you let bron hunt one up? 

Yep, with a kevlar jacket ;) The idea is the dog either catches and holds or bales it up, not try to kill it. A dog on a badger is trying to kill it. 

43 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

There is no fair in hunting mate, you should only want to catch and kill as quickly as possible...but you know that.

Couldnt agree more,hence i cant quite get my nut round this " fair fight " thing........its not fair.....and its not a fight.

• Like 2