4 months for badgers

2 minutes ago, Francie said:

My point was that it's hypocritical of you to say such things, especially if you hunt an kill, you can't be putting other hunters in a bad light just cause they hunt heavier game, it's only here an UK it's illegal,in most other European countries its a legal thing to hunt badger an other big game. 

Are folk who hunt fox with running dogs barbaric too? I can't see no problem as long as its one on one, I don't get your logic? 

But Francie why does it have to be one on one ?

• Like 1

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with JDhunting about the upside down justice system that gives more punishment for this than peados or burglary.                But there is an underlying sentiment on this thread that the o

My point is that running dogs on badgers is bad for dogs , and ultimately bad for the image of running dogs . But we don’t need to worry about it do we , because it’s banned anyway.             I’m

4 months and between 2 and 5 grand fines for knocking a pig but you can throw statues in Bristol docks with absolutely no come back......amazing ! 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, shovel leaner said:

There has always been that “thing” with the young dog lads . Parading dogs at shows with half a jaw . 
          Putting dogs in situations where they wouldn’t put themselves. Who’s dogs the hardest. It’s nonsense. They are nonsense.

Now your tarring young lads ffs, iv seen plenty of older ejits over the years, but there in a minority, it's shite like your saying gets decent lads flack, just because a dog has seen work does that mean everyman with a well worked dog are as you describe? No

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Francie said:

My point was that it's hypocritical of you to say such things, especially if you hunt an kill, you can't be putting other hunters in a bad light just cause they hunt heavier game, it's only here an UK it's illegal,in most other European countries its a legal thing to hunt badger an other big game. 

Are folk who hunt fox with running dogs barbaric too? I can't see no problem as long as its one on one, I don't get your logic? 

Big difference in and a fox and a badger as you know. A dog can handle a fox and master the situation quickly which is good both both of them. Less so the fox obviously lol. But going by the badgers run over on the road that seem tough as old boots with teeth and judging by the videos these silly sods put up the badger will give as good as it gets and worse so a game lurcher is going to get hurt big time which is not fair on them in my opinion . Think I might start following brian may on fb ?

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Francie said:

Now your tarring young lads ffs, iv seen plenty of older ejits over the years, but there in a minority, it's shite like your saying gets decent lads flack, just because a dog has seen work does that mean everyman with a well worked dog are as you describe? No

I’d keep them away from shows for start off . Proper terrier men don’t need to show off . They keep to themselves, they don’t post shit on social media and get on with it by themselves in a low key way . 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

But Francie why does it have to be one on one ?

You an me both know the answer to that gnash. 

Imo When it's one fox an one dog, you know what your feeding, its fair an square, anyman could lob an couple of tubes at a fox but it ain't fair in my eyes mate. 

Jmho, and as we have been harping on about in the other thread, blood matters and you don’t get decent blood unless lads throw stuff at dogs.

Its alright have your nice sensible, steady old thing but keep breeding that to other nice sensible, steady old things and pretty soon there’s f**k all dog left imho......now some folks may not like what other lads do or even their methods but you need them because without them there wouldn’t be a dog left in the world worth feeding.

We would all be down the pet shop buying them dog Elvis outfits and parading them round the park ! 

Long live the lads who want to see how brutal things can get and only breed from the dogs that can hack it.....we live off the chances they take ! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, terryd said:

Big difference in and a fox and a badger as you know. A dog can handle a fox and master the situation quickly which is good both both of them. Less so the fox obviously lol. But going by the badgers run over on the road that seem tough as old boots with teeth and judging by the videos these silly sods put up the badger will give as good as it gets and worse so a game lurcher is going to get hurt big time which is not fair on them in my opinion . Think I might start following brian may on fb ?

I don't hunt badgers bud, it's illegal here in Ireland. 

A dog can get some stick of a fox too as you know, I'm sure there's lurchers who could master the situation with broc to an not get much stick, I just think it's not fair what yor saying. 

• Like 1

We lurcher lads can be a hypocritical, judgmental lot, can't we ? LOL !

Ive allways had dogs for sport and enjoyment, with the added bonus of putting some very nice food in the freezer.

Ive never had any time for badgers; you can't eat them, they can't run very fast, they tear up your dogs and lead to big vet bills, and in the case of these lads, result in some very serious, and, in my mind, over the top punishment.

BUT, what others do for THEIR sport, is THEIR business, not mine !

As for "bringing our sport into disrepute ", give me a break, I've been in the sport well over 50 years, and it's ALLWAYS been in disrepute ! LOL !

Yes, they were stupid posting the videos, but I've been guilty of posting pics of hare, deer, fox, so, "let him without sin cast the first stone" !

Cheers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, Francie said:

You an me both know the answer to that gnash. 

Imo When it's one fox an one dog, you know what your feeding, its fair an square, anyman could lob an couple of tubes at a fox but it ain't fair in my eyes mate. 

But since when was hunting fair ?

Coming from a bulldog background it took me a long while to really understand the difference between a fair fight and a hunt....i finally got my head around it when i realised hunting cannot be " fair " by its very nature.

• Like 4

My pal went to Finland some years back hunting Raccoon Dogs, the Fin lads had a fox terrier (amongst other things) and my pal said it was an outstanding dog.......when was the last time you saw an outstanding working fox terrier in the UK ? 
That’s what happens to breeds left to “rot” 

• Like 1
Just now, gnasher16 said:

But since when was hunting fair ?

Coming from a bulldog background it took me a long while to really understand the difference between a fair fight and a hunt....i finally got my head around it when i realised hunting cannot be " fair " by its very nature.

Hence lads searching out the biggest meanest things to see what they have in the kennel mate ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

Hence lads searching out the biggest meanest things to see what they have in the kennel mate ?

I get that but i remember when i first came on here years ago being told " get over your own ego its not a fight you know ".....as uncomfortable as it was to be put in my place like that it really made sense to me.

4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I get that but i remember when i first came on here years ago being told " get over your own ego its not a fight you know ".....as uncomfortable as it was to be put in my place like that it really made sense to me.

And this is where a lack of understanding from people creeps in I think mate, it’s still not about a fight, it’s about what it’s always been about and that is a dog being able to terminate whatever it gets pointed at as quickly and efficiently as possible and if it can do that to the biggest, meanest things that can be found then it can do it to anything and that’s the dog you want to sire your litters.

Jmho uneducated opinion of course ?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, king said:

I got a big buck rabbit off my dog 1 night lamping and the bloody thing give me a hell of a kick with it's back leg.and a nasty cut on my hand.sharp nails on the big 1's 

Mine gave a squirrel a nasty look once......so I bred 7 litters and asked £300 a pop ! Lol

• Haha 1