4 months for badgers

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

TB reactors wipe out people’s lives.....if it was legal to leather those dirty b*****ds then I’d leather them and not think twice about it and I’d take more satisfaction doing that with a decent dog than a .243 

A dog that can do that quickly and humanely is like hens teeth (I imagine) but you can buy a .243 off the shelf ! 

That's what I don't get with the cull, most of us would do it for free but they're paying people 

• Like 2

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with JDhunting about the upside down justice system that gives more punishment for this than peados or burglary.                But there is an underlying sentiment on this thread that the o

My point is that running dogs on badgers is bad for dogs , and ultimately bad for the image of running dogs . But we don’t need to worry about it do we , because it’s banned anyway.             I’m

4 months and between 2 and 5 grand fines for knocking a pig but you can throw statues in Bristol docks with absolutely no come back......amazing ! 

Posted Images

Just now, king said:

And to think packham is rolling around his kitchen floor bumming the fecking things ?

The Chris Packhams of this world will never be the man watching £100,000 of his life’s work get herded up a ramp onto a cattle truck and taken to slaughter and being left with a cheque for £10,000 and a broken soul ! 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, terryd said:

They sure do need a sorting out but a lurcher wouldn't be my choice because even though he would be more than happy he would end like this

073140d906ba74625418b8533b352532.jpg&f=1

I wouldn’t know mate 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

I agree with JDhunting about the upside down justice system that gives more punishment for this than peados or burglary. 
              But there is an underlying sentiment on this thread that the only crime they committed was getting caught. I’ve been involved with terriers and running dogs my whole life , I was one of the first in my area to have bull crosses back in the mid 80s .So  I know a bit about it . 
          There is cruelty involved with running dogs and badgers. You can’t eat a badger and it’s a powerful animal that takes some killing . A pig is not going to outrun your dog so what it’s about?  Its the worry or rag and bragging rights, “my dog can smash em “ sort of thing . Before the internet , the pub or beer tent at a game fair was where you could hear all that bullshit . I must be getting old because I just don’t see the point of it .

I don't see your point at all sl. 

Edited by Francie
  • Like 1

Funny thing I can remember saying to people when the badger protection laws came in , give it 30 years and we will be over run with them, they will become a problem, recon I can say I told you so now,?? used to love a good dig with good dogs and good lads, often have the farmer out with the backo moving earth, and it wasn’t about cruelty and baiting, the best digging dog I ever owned very rarely got bit or even engaged, she would just bay all day until you broke through and finished things off died at 9 with barely a mark on her, think if there was a bounty on them tomorrow I’d be more inclined to use some of those leggy bull types the Germans and Aussies use for doing the boar, running dogs are designed to run not fight a 40lb muscle with teeth, it’s horses for courses 

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, WILF said:

The Chris Packhams of this world will never be the man watching £100,000 of his life’s work get herded up a ramp onto a cattle truck and taken to slaughter and being left with a cheque for £10,000 and a broken soul ! 

Excately or Brian may.they don't give a feck really about anyone's livelihood being ruined.

10 minutes ago, Francie said:

I don't see your point at all sl. 

My point is that running dogs on badgers is bad for dogs , and ultimately bad for the image of running dogs . But we don’t need to worry about it do we , because it’s banned anyway. 
           I’m someone who has been involved with dogs a long time and I find it , if I’m honest , barbaric . I’ve got no problem killing thing’s. I do it daily. But I think I am humane . I use the right tools for the job . If you think it’s fine , crack on , you’ve got your moral compass, I’ve got mine . 
            I apologise if I’ve come across as judgemental , I also realise that it might be a case of the pot calling the kettle black , because I’ve been there myself . However, as you get older you tend to see things differently, age mellows you . 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

What ever your chosen sport it needs to be humane for dog and quarry and like sl when I was an 18 year old lad I had a different outlook but even then the dogs welfare was all ways put first because they were my pride and joy. Plenty of other ways to control badgers if it was ever allowed not that it will ever happen. But there numbers are now getting to nuisance levels around here so eventually some thing will happen 

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

My point is that running dogs on badgers is bad for dogs , and ultimately bad for the image of running dogs . But we don’t need to worry about it do we , because it’s banned anyway. 
           I’m someone who has been involved with dogs a long time and I find it , if I’m honest , barbaric . I’ve got no problem killing thing’s. I do it daily. But I think I am humane . I use the right tools for the job . If you think it’s fine , crack on , you’ve got your moral compass, I’ve got mine . 
            I apologise if I’ve come across as judgemental , I also realise that it might be a case of the pot calling the kettle black , because I’ve been there myself . However, as you get older you tend to see things differently, age mellows you . 

My point was that it's hypocritical of you to say such things, especially if you hunt an kill, you can't be putting other hunters in a bad light just cause they hunt heavier game, it's only here an UK it's illegal,in most other European countries its a legal thing to hunt badger an other big game. 

Are folk who hunt fox with running dogs barbaric too? I can't see no problem as long as its one on one, I don't get your logic? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, terryd said:

What ever your chosen sport it needs to be humane for dog and quarry and like sl when I was an 18 year old lad I had a different outlook but even then the dogs welfare was all ways put first because they were my pride and joy. Plenty of other ways to control badgers if it was ever allowed not that it will ever happen. But there numbers are now getting to nuisance levels around here so eventually some thing will happen 

There has always been that “thing” with the young dog lads . Parading dogs at shows with half a jaw . 
          Putting dogs in situations where they wouldn’t put themselves. Who’s dogs the hardest. It’s nonsense. They are nonsense.

• Like 7