Barking mad lol

2 hours ago, Neal said:

I regularly take a peak at similar sites...not because I'm looking for a new pup but simply so I can make a note of any breeders whose dogs I like the look of for future reference. Although the covid prices are still ridiculously high, one thing I've started noticing over the last few weeks is a growing number of dogs around six months which are suddenly needing to be rehomed. I wonder why.? 

Needless to say, they all say something along the lines of "through no fault of his/her own," "sudden/unexpected health issues in the family," "new job means we no longer have enough time to spend with him/her." Considering the looming increase in unemployment and the number of people now working from home, I can't believe how many people suddenly are lucky enough to get full time jobs within a few months of buying a high maintenance working breed.

I'd rather be jobless and keep me juckels .

• Like 2

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's still stuff about at working man's prices... Depends what circles you move in. I will make £100 notes on a litter of 4 terrier pups, folks should go out and work for their money... Not peddle

Genuine question this, not being smart. . . . . . but what happens if you dont have many mates, or a very big circle, and dont have many family members etc. I keep my self very much to my self and if

You can gift em or sell them at working mans prices or you can sell them at extortion prices guaranteed home for life is not a ? guarantee what ever way you do it once that pups left your house that p

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

There's still stuff about at working man's prices... Depends what circles you move in. I will make £100 notes on a litter of 4 terrier pups, folks should go out and work for their money... Not peddle the arses off the dogs?DSC_1170.JPG.e00769297bae55e47ef4740825bf8fa8.JPG

I agree there is mate. some people only keep a small circle that’s sometimes a burden. It still wouldn’t surprise me if good lads thinking there doing some lad/lass a good turn by sorting them a pup for them to profit of there generosity    I think it’s all risk now days tbh weather you sell at a sensible rate or gift or if you sell at a extortionate rate 

image.png.eebdb3879c918167c654b07d4f463cf5.png

My kind of terrier, you cant beat a jack russell!

I've got one of these on my wish list, shame people on sites like pets4homes are asking anywhere from 800 - 1500!

I personally think £300 is a fair price for a working dog, gives the lads something extra towards food or kennels or kit.

Nowts cheap to buy nowadays is it?

?

19 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Its these greedy f@ckers that's ruining a good type of lurcher and for nothing else but the money !!

and as for young lurchers needing re homed ,well says it fffing all ,the breeder didn't vet the new owner as they just thinking ££££ and letting pups go to clueless owners.

shame on the lot of them .

Do you know all the owners of the pups you sell them? What if it had 10 or 11 pups. I’ve only bred one litter as I wanted to keep one back. The other 7 I sold to complete strangers. If I was to sell them to people I knew, I’d still have them now and that was 10 years ago. It’s not a dig, it’s a genuine question? How do you vet new owners?? Can’t really do a home visit first? 

37 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

Do you know all the owners of the pups you sell them? What if it had 10 or 11 pups. I’ve only bred one litter as I wanted to keep one back. The other 7 I sold to complete strangers. If I was to sell them to people I knew, I’d still have them now and that was 10 years ago. It’s not a dig, it’s a genuine question? How do you vet new owners?? Can’t really do a home visit first? 

Why can’t you do a home visit? 

14 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

You could... I never have. And also I’ve bought a few dogs, and I never had a home visit requested. Could be a 200 mile round trip easily. Do you do home visits? 

I’ve never sold a dog, and I wouldn’t either. I always keep lurcher dogs but I’ve got a bitch here now & if she’s good enough to warrant breeding from the pups will be gifted to mates or placed in pet homes with family members. They definitely wouldn’t be sold to strangers I think a lot more of my dogs than that.

You can gift em or sell them at working mans prices or you can sell them at extortion prices guaranteed home for life is not a ? guarantee what ever way you do it once that pups left your house that pup you have no say in what the new owner does as it’s no longer your pup you gotta take it on the chin what ever happens how you feel what’s right or the wrong way to home them but at the same time humour folk on here that have never bred a litter Or had to home a litter telling you how it should be done 

Edited by poxon
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, poxon said:

You can gift em or sell them at working mans prices or you can sell them at extortion prices guaranteed home for life is not a ? guarantee what ever way you do it once that pups left your house that pup you have no say in what the new owner does as it’s no longer pup you gotta take it on the chin what ever happens how you feel what’s right or the wrong way to home them but at the same time humour folk on here that have never bred a litter Or had to home a litter telling you how it should be done 

I said I’ve never bred a litter of lurchers not that I’ve never bred or homed a litter. If people want to justify it that’s fair enough but bottom line is there’s no NEED to sell a lurcher/terrier, or take money for a stud fee. If a man does then it’s because he’s after a few quid simple as that. Nobody’s got a gun to his head forcing him to cover his outgoings like some would have you believe.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

I said I’ve never bred a litter of lurchers not that I’ve never bred or homed a litter. If people want to justify it that’s fair enough but bottom line is there’s no NEED to sell a lurcher/terrier, or take money for a stud fee. If a man does then it’s because he’s after a few quid simple as that. Nobody’s got a gun to his head forcing him to cover his outgoings like some would have you believe.

Obviously never bin 2 Mexico 

1 hour ago, Shadow100 said:

you’ve completely missed the point what I was getting at an gone off on your own direction slowly read it again open minded 

4 minutes ago, poxon said:

you’ve completely missed the point what I was getting at an gone off on your own direction slowly read it again open minded 

I know what point you were making and it’s right you can’t guarantee good homes regardless of money, but I was replying to your comment at the end. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

I know what point you were making and it’s right you can’t guarantee good homes regardless of money, but I was replying to your comment at the end. 

Our right it’s probably because I was bought up to never take advice from someone/people who has no actual experience on the any matter in question ie if I wanted to be a rock star I’d take advice from a rock star on being one not from someone who wants to be a rockstar who isn’t one if that makes sense I’m just aware on here people say one thing offer advice an do the opposite there self

• Haha 2