BUGGER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popped into my rfd with my shooting pal to pick up an auto clay trap for one of our farmers. Whilst there my pal asked if they could get a Sako Quad in wmr left handed so they were checking through the site to establish price and delivery, the owner said I think this is what you are looking for and walked through with a s/h Sako Quad with both hmr and wmr barrels.

Now this gun was a right hander so as my pal was fed up using a right hand CZ wmr, he wanted a left hooker so I was surprised when he asked the price but I assumed just out of interest and when the rfd said £600 including the scope, I was taken back because I have been looking for my pal but only found s/h right handers at around £800 with one barrel.  My mind started twitching and thinking this would be ideal for me.......................................................quite loudly my pal said, £500 without the scope.........................okay came back the reply.

HANG ON,   HANG ON............................. you wanted a left hooker, you don't want another right hander.......................... what the hell, I will have it............FFS !!!   it was there infront of me, there for the taking and what a price...........................my pal can fcuking walk home.   With a tear in my eye, (which I don't think was my cataract) I shouldered the bloody gun,  oh my god this felt soooooo nice with a lovely palm swell......oh sh1t, too late now.  I hurled abuse at my pal on the way home and hoped his parents would soon be married   BUT   he is picking up his new Anschutz 1416 lefty with a lovely thumbhole stock and with luck he will want to have another in hmr or wmr so I might still get my hands on the Sako package.

BUGGER.................BUGGER.................BUGGER.............................jammy BUGGER

Phil

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Haha, I have two Sako Quads and understand that sentiment. I've handled annies and CZ's but they just don't come close for me, something about the flush five round mag and almost silent safety but also how the bolt snugs up as it locks. I have a heavy HMR barrel, 16" sporter HMR barrel, and a very short .22LR barrel. One of the HMR's wears a dedicated home brew NV rig on it which is how I got a second HMR allowed.

I'm slightly dyslexic and can't quite get my head around if you might buy the rifle or not. If you do, and decide against using or buying the WMR barrel please get in touch - my renewal should be back soon with an acquisition slot for a WMR. A Quad barrel rather than entire rifle will suit me just nice in case I don't get on wi the calibre.

• Like 1

I sent him a screen shot of this which has him p1ssing himself.  He is a good mate and I will forgive him in time ? BUT I will have that package at some point however I will be on the lookout for another but I doubt I will find another with two barrel set in the cal I want or at that bloody price.

Some bloke, if and when I get the rifle, the wmr barrel will get used so I am sorry but that will be staying.

Phil

• Like 1

I normally set up his scopes / nv so on this occasion, I think I will either mount the scope facing backwards or perhaps fit the mounts with tin foil stuffed to one side so no matter how much adjustment he gives the gun will not shoot to point of aim................................................................My cunning plan may just do the trick and then THE GUN WILL BE MINE, ALL MINE...

Phil

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, Stavross said:

LEFTY LIVES MATTER, we are a proud people, persecuted for our wonky lefty ways ?

You wanna try being Welsh round these parts! 

I've a paki mate from the Rhondda, writes cack handed like you, fancies blokes but he thinks he's a girl. You think your lifes hard! 

• Haha 4
8 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

You wanna try being Welsh round these parts! 

I've a paki mate from the Rhondda, writes cack handed like you, fancies blokes but he thinks he's a girl. You think your lifes hard! 

WoW, I can’t compete with that, it puts the lefty racism’s I face on a daily basis into perspective ??

On 26/09/2020 at 09:34, Stavross said:

WoW, I can’t compete with that, it puts the lefty racism’s I face on a daily basis into perspective ??

I'm sick of those people demanding extra Lefts ( couldn't really say rights :) ) such as left handed pencils, hammers and ammunition.