What is this all about????

Just been out for a walk and in the fields alongside the woods were a load of these little home made flags markers, so I wondered over for a little look and they seem to be indicating badger activity, don’t need or want any personal details and won’t give any if it’s on your land but is this something to do with the badger cull 

8593ADBB-786C-44A1-9916-7DF0C0BA6F42.jpeg

C2B1EB7A-2C73-4681-8E3A-3C64E518572D.jpeg

69D8C86D-9458-4BCD-9F9C-0A92163E999A.jpeg

553986B8-71F3-4E8D-896F-AAA29E3B9616.jpeg

715E4CD4-9BCA-440C-98F5-A69CBF09C1BC.jpeg

3A68FDEF-1051-48ED-B154-FCAC68D3E7BA.jpeg

FF44F67E-FFA6-4EDC-988E-012ACC545251.jpeg

Edited by Greyman

11 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Used to find holes like that on the greens and fairways when I was a green keeper.... Badgers digging for leather jackets(daddy long legs) no idea what the flags are about ?

Badgers are surrendering now mate..??

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Used to find holes like that on the greens and fairways when I was a green keeper.... Badgers digging for leather jackets(daddy long legs) no idea what the flags are about ?

Was having a mooch around the back of  Slimbridge over the weekend and the badger activity was insane, told my wife and daughter to get ready for the daddy long legs invasion, sure enough they were in the house waiting when I got home ??????

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mango said:

Look like bait points to me,peanuts in a hole with stones on top flag makes it easier to find

Sorry. Maybe I'm a bit slow? But, I'm failing to grasp how that all fits together. What's the logistics behind this?

Obviously, I can see the 'meaning' behind a bait point, in this context. Just can't fathom how rocks and stakes fit in.

Please do feel free to drop me a PM  :)

Me to that’s why I asked this field is in south Gloucester and is normally full of cows hence me thinking badger cull also the field has an enormous sett right along one side of it, it also on very flat land so hard to shoot over without putting up a tower, the plot thickens ?

38 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Sorry. Maybe I'm a bit slow? But, I'm failing to grasp how that all fits together. What's the logistics behind this?

Obviously, I can see the 'meaning' behind a bait point, in this context. Just can't fathom how rocks and stakes fit in.

Please do feel free to drop me a PM  :)

They train the badgers to tip the rock over and that then becomes the trap trigger. The flag just makes it easy for pre baiting rounds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

They train the badgers to tip the rock over and that then becomes the trap trigger. The flag just makes it easy for pre baiting rounds.

Yes mate spot on,weren’t on the krebs trial by any chance were you.

• Like 1