maxhardcore

Terrible Form

This is prob more what C-19 is about.

Patrick Vallence ' chief scientific health advisor has £600'000 in shares in the company contracted to make a vaccine for the UK.

Let him keep his poison.

And that would be a problem if he had the power to dictate what the scientific community thought.

Edited by Born Hunter

48 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

This is prob more what C-19 is about.

Patrick Vallence ' chief scientific health advisor has £600'000 in shares in the company contracted to make a vaccine for the UK.

Let him keep his poison.

Got a pension ?......you probably have shares in them as well ! Lol

However I do take your point 👍

6 minutes ago, WILF said:

At least with mine its the government that is taking a 50pct cut out of excess it makes.lol

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

In an ideal democracy there would be no potential for corruption but lets face reality for a moment, there's no one that gets anywhere in serious business who doesn't have shares in the industries they are familiar with. It's totally normal. And if you want the fellas who are the best in their field in advisory positions then you have to accept that they will have other income streams and interests because they ain't coming to work for the government when the private sector is going to pay them a f**k ton more.

He might have the power to get inside info but he doesn't have the power to fix the vaccine trials or 'sell poison'.

• Like 1

He can't be that clever; he sold over five million quids worth of shares he had when he resigned as President of GSK, probably the biggest pharmaceutical company in the world.

Bet he wishes he had kept hold of them now !

Cheers.

15 minutes ago, WILF said:

Any layman cannot dictate where their pension funds are invested.

BUT for Vallance to have such a conflict of interest ain't right surely.

8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

In an ideal democracy there would be no potential for corruption but lets face reality for a moment, there's no one that gets anywhere in serious business who doesn't have shares in the industries they are familiar with. It's totally normal. And if you want the fellas who are the best in their field in advisory positions then you have to accept that they will have other income streams and interests because they ain't coming to work for the government when the private sector is going to pay them a f**k ton more.

He might have the power to get inside info but he doesn't have the power to fix the vaccine trials or 'sell poison'.

Normal or Immoral ?

8 minutes ago, Francie said:

Iv read that this pandemic has made the rich alot richer. 

Most def ' where the little shop owner gets a 10k grant the Big warehouse owners would most prob of got 100s of thousands X whatever .

Theres def a rabbit away.

10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

He can't be that clever; he sold over five million quids worth of shares he had when he resigned as President of GSK, probably the biggest pharmaceutical company in the world.

Bet he wishes he had kept hold of them now !

Cheers.

Making up for his loss re the vaccine nonsense ?

6 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Normal or Immoral ?

Seriously, having shares is immoral? Yes it's totally normal for successful professionals to have shares and financial interests in the industry their expertise and 'network' is in.

Does that make for a red flag when they're in a position of authority, of course. Is it proof they are corrupt, no. Does it mean we have to be vigilant, go figure. Is their another option, yeah have a 20 year old intern with no money as the chief science advisor.

• Like 4

Making up for his loss re the vaccine nonsense ?

How's that a loss? He came home with 5M! None of us know what he bought them for off hand.

• Like 1

Normal or Immoral ?

Ahh......what’s moral ?

if he is doing nothing illegal then morality has no place in the conversation.

As Born Hunter said, you tend to invest in things you know about so that’s not strange in the slightest.

If he got to make the final say on when, where, how much Etc etc for any vaccine then maybe there is a case.......nothing wrong with simply owning shares.

I have a very jaundiced view of shares; some years back I had a bit spare cash and was advised to invest in shares.

I was told "what is safer than a bank", so I bought shares in a major bank.

That was just before the big banking crash.........

Shares that were worth over £11 each are now worth around 60p !

Ive still got them, I'll leave them to my grandson, maybe they will bounce back sometime, but I won't be dipping my toe into that particular water again ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Like 1