I’ve been harvesting chillis for about the last three weeks or so I only had about five plants on the go but what you see in the pic I’ve probably picked that lot about four to five times, loads of the Indian green ones as well a good bumper year that should keep me going for a little while and they are packing some heat as well. CE503BAD-9F76-4B1F-BE1F-B71A7ACF7D8E.jpeg.4afb20095328309781fa6b0188ef7e09.jpeg 

• Like 6

My Mrs grows quite a lot of chilli varieties each year, also sweet peppers etc. Second year in a row that the chilli seed seller has completely mislabeled them ?

These were meant to be sweet bell peppers, nope!!! She chopped one into a sweet and sour one now that I wasn't home, it's off the scale hot. It looks slightly like a scotch bonnet but it's way way hotter.

IMG_20200927_161732.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mole trapper said:

My Mrs grows quite a lot of chilli varieties each year, also sweet peppers etc. Second year in a row that the chilli seed seller has completely mislabeled them ?

These were meant to be sweet bell peppers, nope!!! She chopped one into a sweet and sour one now that I wasn't home, it's off the scale hot. It looks slightly like a scotch bonnet but it's way way hotter.

IMG_20200927_161732.jpg

They look very much like a Trinidad Scorpion I have grown them myself and if it is what I think it is wow I can vouch for how hot they are, they are mega but stupidly addictive lol enjoy...

• Like 1
On 21/09/2020 at 19:50, FLATTOP said:

I’ve been harvesting chillis for about the last three weeks or so I only had about five plants on the go but what you see in the pic I’ve probably picked that lot about four to five times, loads of the Indian green ones as well a good bumper year that should keep me going for a little while and they are packing some heat as well. CE503BAD-9F76-4B1F-BE1F-B71A7ACF7D8E.jpeg.4afb20095328309781fa6b0188ef7e09.jpeg 

What types are these called as ive wanted grow chillis for a while but never known which ones to grow , I’m not a mad heat kind of guy , curries wise I go for a madras but I like sweet chilliest as well , can you recommend any ? 

22 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

What types are these called as ive wanted grow chillis for a while but never known which ones to grow , I’m not a mad heat kind of guy , curries wise I go for a madras but I like sweet chilliest as well , can you recommend any ? 

There’s a bit of a mix there I believe some are Cheyenne, Vampires and Thai Birds eyes which are quite hot the big ones at the bottom are quite mild but I can’t remember their name, Jalapeños are not too lethal and good for all sorts of dishes but if you want really mild for stews Hungarian Wax Chillis very easy to grow and big crops, I like the Indian green chillis a very manageable heat to them but if you want to go real mad go for the Trinidad Scorpions or the Caroline reapers the man to speak to is our resident cuisine expert @green lurchers he’s really into his chillis and has a big variety most seasons.

Your best just buying a bunch of seeds or small plants and giving it a go that’s the fun bit eating them and not quite knowing how hot their going to be, a good sunny spot and plenty of water and away you go good luck.  

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

There’s a bit of a mix there I believe some are Cheyenne, Vampires and Thai Birds eyes which are quite hot the big ones at the bottom are quite mild but I can’t remember their name, Jalapeños are not too lethal and good for all sorts of dishes but if you want really mild for stews Hungarian Wax Chillis very easy to grow and big crops, I like the Indian green chillis a very manageable heat to them but if you want to go real mad go for the Trinidad Scorpions or the Caroline reapers the man to speak to is our resident cuisine expert @green lurchers he’s really into his chillis and has a big variety most seasons.

Your best just buying a bunch of seeds or small plants and giving it a go that’s the fun bit eating them and not quite knowing how hot their going to be, a good sunny spot and plenty of water and away you go good luck.  

Cheers mate will give them a bash 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Cheers mate will give them a bash 

Hey up chilli lovers   Some great flavoursome chillis that produce well are the habanero types packed with flavour and not super hot   Yellow fatali lovely chilli along with the lemon aji very citrus types great for cooking and mild heat hope this helps. ?

• Like 4

@green lurchers they look lovely mate especially the first pic just by looking you know they are going to be hot that crinkly skin thing going on I think I will invest in a little lean to greenhouse next year to maximise my yield they have got to be one of the easiest things to grow all though if I go away for a few days I fret about them ?

I am going to give those yellow fatali a go next year they look real nice.

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Yeah they're nice...just told me mildest one lovely in salad, I just had a slice, after telling missus they're supposed to be nice and citrusy , bloody hot chilli mouth on ?, shorter lived had missus laughing ' is it lemony babe' argh...

But mate the flavour is immense do you agree ?