• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get ya dog and lamp. Walk wherever you want to walk if you think it’s a decent spot and your dog should learn you as much as you’ll learn him. I never new fuckall about lamping really I’d been out dow

Get a lamp an get the dog out if it’s old enough an has some basic training. take what people say on here with a pinch of salt.only thing I’d say is don’t expect miracles an expect the dog to be takin

Far too young to be running anything other than a ball and only gently till she's at least 9 months then nothing much tbh, as well as being too young physically she'll be too young mentally. Plen

Get a lamp an get the dog out if it’s old enough an has some basic training. take what people say on here with a pinch of salt.only thing I’d say is don’t expect miracles an expect the dog to be taking stuff out of its calibre straight away take it slow an steady an don’t over match the dog on impossible catches build on confidence in the dog good dogs are made by the person holding the slip if the dog as it in em all the best fella 

• Like 4

Get ya dog and lamp. Walk wherever you want to walk if you think it’s a decent spot and your dog should learn you as much as you’ll learn him. I never new fuckall about lamping really I’d been out down the Forest of Dean on a night I’ll never forget ?. Seen a good dog run, I can say he was a good dog as for what he was doing single handed was very impressive although wouldn’t be my kind of lamping but did get me thinking. Got myself a lamp a dog and off we went and taught ourselves most things. Couple of mates helped out at times but we were out as much as possible. You don’t need to wait till 4 in morning mate get yourself out at 11/12 and be back home for 4. I done 4 hours last night and was in by 1. Some places you may need to wait till later but you’ll f**k up loads on slips. I was forever slipping at wrong time working out how close stuff is but you’ll get there in the end. I’m still learning now but get the basics right and I’m sure you’ll be fine. I felt a bit lost out in the fields at first but once your dog starts catching the rest will come. Enjoy and don’t take to serious . All dogs have faults. Mines a great dog and couldn’t ask for more but he does have faults so slow and steady wins the race Atb Igz

• Like 9
12 hours ago, Igz said:

Get ya dog and lamp. Walk wherever you want to walk if you think it’s a decent spot and your dog should learn you as much as you’ll learn him. I never new fuckall about lamping really I’d been out down the Forest of Dean on a night I’ll never forget ?. Seen a good dog run, I can say he was a good dog as for what he was doing single handed was very impressive although wouldn’t be my kind of lamping but did get me thinking. Got myself a lamp a dog and off we went and taught ourselves most things. Couple of mates helped out at times but we were out as much as possible. You don’t need to wait till 4 in morning mate get yourself out at 11/12 and be back home for 4. I done 4 hours last night and was in by 1. Some places you may need to wait till later but you’ll f**k up loads on slips. I was forever slipping at wrong time working out how close stuff is but you’ll get there in the end. I’m still learning now but get the basics right and I’m sure you’ll be fine. I felt a bit lost out in the fields at first but once your dog starts catching the rest will come. Enjoy and don’t take to serious . All dogs have faults. Mines a great dog and couldn’t ask for more but he does have faults so slow and steady wins the race Atb Igz

Yeah its a bad fault a dog catching 2 much ?

1 hour ago, Loton Moocher said:

They for rich poachers only ????

There not for the sporting peasant although if u got a few mates u can all chip in and get 1 obviously the more of ya the cheaper it will be ,thats what I've done ,it will be my turn 2 use it in 5 years

• Haha 4
On 27/09/2020 at 19:46, morton said:

Get the mutt knocking over a few day time bunnies,when it gets accustomed to the thrill of the chase and catch then get it used to the lamp.There are a multidude of lamping outfits readily available and most of them are suitable.Its then a case of educating the owner,then the dog,to the nuances of the lamp.Its far easier to get a leg on the ladder with a more educated lamper giving you a few trips and tips,if that's not possible then its a case of lamp and learn.

I don’t have terriers or ferrets to send the rabbit out of the burrow in the day 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Saluki x Whippet said:

Thanks for the advice lads , dogs 3 months now and she’s starting to recall 6/10 times major improvements

Far too young to be running anything other than a ball and only gently till she's at least 9 months then nothing much tbh, as well as being too young physically she'll be too young mentally.

Plenty of training, bonding and socializing/stock breaking for the next six months or do is the way to get the best from her later.

Cheers, D.

• Like 4