Dog Crate ~ Of The 'Holding Cell' Level?

Got this thing here, just systematically destroying the ordinary crates I put him in. It's just a PITA. And, that time of the year is fast coming round for the little dogs. I decided to do a Once And For All on it. Make, or get, him something that'll last.

" Frisco " make the complete bollox. Not completely ott, price wise. They just don't ship out of US.

Amazon UK is showing a couple of possibilities. But, you just Know they're made in  Communist China and will likely be Shit.

Anyone know anything, please? It wants to be minimum of three foot long. Two foot high and deep. Able to contain a wolverine on crack. And easy to dismantle and fukk off for the greatest part of each year, when this poor mutt's a saint.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was quoted £500 to do some welding on my jimny by a garage. I thought feck that I will weld it myself.so bought a welder and a bottle of gas and cracked on.im a welding virgin myself.but practice on

A buggered one.

Cheers.

Posted Images

Pony?

I just want to contain a very strong, male dog while my bitches get through their heat. Did I not make that plain enough?

I'm asking if anyone here knows of a suitably, reliably strong cage.

Oh, and No Wood! I'd soon make one out of timber and rebar. But, this thing goes through wood like a beaver.

Sorry, mate. I make it a rule never to show my living dogs on line. Security against the sort of kuntz who trawl sites like this, looking for that opening ;)

Suffice to say, he's half Mastiff. Has a head like a boulder and a bite you'd imagine.

He's an absolute angel, eleven out of twelve. Had him from a pup and brought him up right. Calmest, loveliest hunk of a dog you could meet.

It's just when my little dogs throw heat? It's bad enough what he'll do to Their cage, when I let him out. But, his own cage? (Which he only has to go in now, when they're hot) He'll fukkin Destroy it! I'm sick of patching them up and replacing them. I'm up for buying a once and for all, out last us all, cage.

Can't be wooded; He'd eat that. Can't be solid welded; I don't want it here all the time. Plus, I doubt it would come through my door ways. I'd need to unbolt it, at least.

God, I wish I'd learned to weld!!! My one regret in life. If only I could weld! I'd knock up a square section frame and slot rebar into it. Bolt the lot together. Easy life!

Here he is now! :D Just wandered in and shoved his football sized, empty head at me! Big baby! But, any time now? He'll become like The Hulk with a hard on!

7 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Sorry, mate. I make it a rule never to show my living dogs on line. Security against the sort of kuntz who trawl sites like this, looking for that opening ;)

Suffice to say, he's half Mastiff. Has a head like a boulder and a bite you'd imagine.

He's an absolute angel, eleven out of twelve. Had him from a pup and brought him up right. Calmest, loveliest hunk of a dog you could meet.

It's just when my little dogs throw heat? It's bad enough what he'll do to Their cage, when I let him out. But, his own cage? (Which he only has to go in now, when they're hot) He'll fukkin Destroy it! I'm sick of patching them up and replacing them. I'm up for buying a once and for all, out last us all, cage.

Can't be wooded; He'd eat that. Can't be solid welded; I don't want it here all the time. Plus, I doubt it would come through my door ways. I'd need to unbolt it, at least.

God, I wish I'd learned to weld!!! My one regret in life. If only I could weld! I'd knock up a square section frame and slot rebar into it. Bolt the lot together. Easy life!

Here he is now! :D Just wandered in and shoved his football sized, empty head at me! Big baby! But, any time now? He'll become like The Hulk with a hard on!

He might be better chained out if possibly,my pitbullmastiff would crush weldmesh cages when the bitches came on and broke most of his teeth off and got cut badly many times.Same with storms, he couldn't be contained and if loose would f--- off.Great dog otherwise as you say yours is,chaining was the only solution.I'm past all this now,too old and happy keeping smaller type hunting dogs,lol.Chaining inside an enclosure if you can't keep the little sluts away from him.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Thanks 1

Aussie; No good chaining him anywhere. As ye know, the dirty little buggers will just run straight to him, when the time comes :(

DC; That caught my eye! But, fukk me! The Prices!!! A couple of ton or so? Sure. But, fukk me! Those things sort of Start At the seven ton mark! ?

No, incredibly, believe it or not, todays 'Damn Your Eyes, You Fukker!' award goes to Katchum! Because, That fukker's thrown the gauntlet down. And it's a long, red, rough suede one! :D

I know them. Come with a little hammer. Darth Vadar mask. And this To Die For little welder machine I've seen in town! :D

I've been watching chubes of how to start doing it. Dunno how much that little machine is. But, to hell with it; I'm sick and fukking tired of being the only bloke I know who can't put two bits of metal together! And it's got to be the most useful ability a man can possess.

I'm guessing I can probably buy the kit and bits and fukking Make a cage, for what ever Buying one might cost me.

d90.jpg.af86aabd51c2ddffd2a5c95ca8e38440.jpg

Probably cost me more than the kit and materials, Chid.

Can you weld? I'm looking at Mig. Seems like the easiest. And I'd be purely mild steel. But, hell; Imagine it? Need a frame? Whack it together! For years now, I've fantasised about all the things a man could do - if he could just weld two bits of steel.

This guy's truly inspirational! I feel I could really learn a lot from him! And he just makes it look So easy!

1 minute ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Probably cost me more than the kit and materials, Chid.

Can you weld? I'm looking at Mig. Seems like the easiest. And I'd be purely mild steel. But, hell; Imagine it? Need a frame? Whack it together! For years now, I've fantasised about all the things a man could do - if he could just weld two bits of steel.

This guy's truly inspirational! I feel I could really learn a lot from him! And he just makes it look So easy!

Yes I can weld ? mig welding is easy enough to learn .. just get a half decent welder not a cheap Lidl/Aldi job 

• Thanks 1

I'm all ears! :) I'm also of a certain type that I wouldn't even be Seen in those shit houses, even if there was one in reach of me. A man has to maintain standards.

Old mate of mine is a certified welder. Does the lot. He grabbed a little Draper one, dirt cheap. Just for something he could chuck in the boot and go. Remember him saying it was one of the best damn bits of kit he ever had! No idea what sort it was though.

How much you reckon an entry level hobbyist needs to look at paying?

I was quoted £500 to do some welding on my jimny by a garage. I thought feck that I will weld it myself.so bought a welder and a bottle of gas and cracked on.im a welding virgin myself.but practice on a bit of scrap metal for a good while untill you feel confident.a 2ft x 2ft and a 1ft x 1ft of 2mm sheet metal cost £12 bargain I thought.

My lad snapped his gaming chair right at the bottom the spot welds gave way.by the dish shaped foot.before I would have to throw it away.but put a seam weld all the way around it and it's spot on even stronger than before..

Get a welder and go for it..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1