Just the four

liP

Been itching to get out, especially after reading some of the write-ups on here lately . 

Ventured over to the horse paddocks permission after tea this evening. Took the hw100  .177 with the  Night-Watch gen 2 n/v and the CRS n/v rangefinder clamped on the top. The journey took about half an hour and i arrived at 9.30.Got out the car, grabbed me gear and scanned the field from the 5 bar gate, not one eye shine. Climbed the gate and made my way further into the field. Scanned the field again and still no eye shine, wait, see what looked like  rabbit features. That could only mean one thing, myxi ! Got to 36 yds away and let the pellet go, straight down. As I edged nearer to pick it up, another one popped its head above the long grass and she suffered the same fate, she was at 32 yds. Pacing up and down to find it, another one darted and stopped at 21 yds away, like a stone it dropped. Went over to retrieve it and another one at the far edge of the field 40 yds away made itself known. Half a mill over and it was lights out. All four shots were taken free standing! Out of the four rabbit's, two had myxi. The myxi ones were launched in the hedge for Mr fox and the other two were left for the owner. 

Got a confession to make Jimmy, I had to use a knife lol

IMG_20200918_230053.jpg

IMG_20200918_230131.jpg

IMG_20200918_230314.jpg

IMG_20200918_232827.jpg

Edited by liP
Extra pics
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

I blanked last night but at least i got all the issues with the raider and photon sorted

she shoots as strait as a die now lol

nice shooting mate

Just wish i could shoot a hw100KT that good :whistling:

ill put my write up soon

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

What issues were you having mate? 

Had one of those nights where everything went right. Wind was just a slight breeze in the right direction, no moonlight to light you up like Christmas tree, no injuries where a 2nd shot was needed just lights out, even managed to find the bunny's no bother in the long grass! 

Atb

7 hours ago, liP said:

What issues were you having mate? 

Had one of those nights where everything went right. Wind was just a slight breeze in the right direction, no moonlight to light you up like Christmas tree, no injuries where a 2nd shot was needed just lights out, even managed to find the bunny's no bother in the long grass! 

Atb

Barrel over to the right ,,,,,pellets clipping the mod ,,,turns out it was the mounts

and yep they were the last thing we looked at mate

it was off the night we were out but i just aimed off to the left as i new where the pellets were going

any way all sorted now and she is spot on Steve

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Ps put the write up in the rim fire section you will see why when you look lol

• Like 1