11 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Not yet mate apart from CCI subs which are good.

These are old Winchester subs. I won't bother with the new ones!

I haven’t seen the Winchester’s in that box for a long time SD. I’m with you on the new ones. I don’t use them any more.

• Like 1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going buy an old 22 to do up he said! Only going buy 200 rounds he said! 600 rounds later, A-tec wave mod and a new cz 457 my wallet goes into meltdown!! What a nice little rifle though

Well I'm amazed by this little 457. I was shooting shotshell cases at 100 paces with it off hand. I used a few ammo types including Remington yellow jackets and they all connected with regularity

The 457, happily bringing squirrels together in peace ?

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

I haven’t seen the Winchester’s in that box for a long time SD. I’m with you on the new ones. I don’t use them any more.

I do not how how they sell so well as I have not been able to get a consistant result from them with some rounds seemingly going with a much louder bang off target.  I will never use them again.

Phil

• Like 3
On 25/09/2020 at 08:33, philpot said:

I do not how how they sell so well as I have not been able to get a consistant result from them with some rounds seemingly going with a much louder bang off target.  I will never use them again.

Phil

Yep shit in .22 and 17

• Like 1
3 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Strange I am using  the new Winchester subs and had noticed a few rounds very noisy sounding like high velocity . Accurate enough though.

I thought so as well until I did some heavy paper punching, then the loud shots were off target by varying degrees, never used them again.

Phil

11 hours ago, philpot said:

I thought so as well until I did some heavy paper punching, then the loud shots were off target by varying degrees, never used them again.

Phil

Since they changed from the blue box I don’t think they’ve been as good. I tried them twice I think, since then. Both times poor, haven’t bothered since.

5 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Since they changed from the blue box I don’t think they’ve been as good. I tried them twice I think, since then. Both times poor, haven’t bothered since.

We had them through my old Anschutz, my current Tikka,  my pal's Browning T-bolt and a CZ all of which were nowhere near as accurate as the RWS subs and each box bought at different times (so different batches) gave a few 'hotter' rounds or certainly louder / off POA.

Load of sh1te

Phil

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

I tried some Eley sub sonic extra today and they are superb. Are they still available?

The new ones are 38 grain, just called subsonic hollow now. I bought 4 boxes just after lockdown and they will shoot inside an inch at 100 yards, so if your gun likes them they’re capable enough.

Edited by Dervburner
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

During lockdown, I was running low on subs . I rang a mate who is a gunsmith/ rfd and asked him if he had any and I bought 500 Winchester subs , they are a few years old by the looks of it , but they shoot very well out of my Tikka . I gave him £20 for them . 

CC026BB2-3E5F-49AA-828E-1787902AC81E.jpeg

They are the good old ones.

I dug a bullet out of the turf after taking a squirrel. It was expanded to around .35".

• Like 1
8 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

During lockdown, I was running low on subs . I rang a mate who is a gunsmith/ rfd and asked him if he had any and I bought 500 Winchester subs , they are a few years old by the looks of it , but they shoot very well out of my Tikka . I gave him £20 for them . 

CC026BB2-3E5F-49AA-828E-1787902AC81E.jpeg

They were good back then. I found an old empty box the same as that one, can’t remember exactly how long ago they were in the white box, but the price sticker says £1:85

• Like 1