Pukka night

Out last night for a look on part of the chicken farm I rarely go as it’s near houses .Farmer had spoke to a few of the houses directly backing onto these fields and been met with happy faces he says as they keep a few fowl themselves .Bit of a breeze so on with the thermal and wow ,three mooching about same field and all upwind away from the houses ..Shot the first then used the thermal  to see if next shot  was on and it was .Shot the third in this manner too .All vixens .Had a squeak at this point and a larger dog fox came into the field scenting the exact trail the last vixen had taken .He wasn’t interested in the call at all and kept coming until I had to shout at him to stop .There was a stock electric fence between us but managed to get a 50 grain into his chest .4 in same field .Bit up and down this field and lost sight of the first two dead uns but a search picked them up .Walked to one of the more regular fields scanning on the way and bingo ,spotted number 5 .This one saw the IR and ran like hell to the bottom of the field where he made the mistake of cautiously going through a gap in the hedge .Not quick enough though and number 5 in the bag .

On to the main farm and a fox at distance that stopped to a whistle and number 6 ( not in pic ) .I was quite a way from the truck and the other pile so no pic of number 6 .

If I was a gambler I’d say the fox rut was maybe on the cusp here in Wilts as this number ,bearing in mind I’m here 3 nights a week is unprecedented .

8EB93355-2EED-4359-97BC-65FA4D78212D.jpeg

• Like 15

Mint night Fd??

did you get them on the pard for YouTube?!

Still waiting on me foxpro landing then I’m gonna throw a mega shift, got a few sussed out and got a cam set up for a couple that come from a busy road side that I’ve got to draw away, there a couple of wise old fcukers:) 

• Like 1