Semi auto help needed

5 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Just the one shot....if so looks like wrongly loaded cartridge. Looks like the shotshell version of a case head failure.

There was another two after this one all shop bought carts of different brands not sure if it’s a fault with the gun the bit on the bottom where I load it seams to have dropped down a bit

2 minutes ago, Fellman Mark said:

There was another two after this one all shop bought carts of different brands not sure if it’s a fault with the gun the bit on the bottom where I load it seams to have dropped down a bit

Sounds like it's damaged.

Have you had it apart recently...I am thinking it hasn't locked up correctly or opened to early.

Just now, Sausagedog said:

Sounds like it's damaged.

Have you had it apart recently...I am thinking it hasn't locked up correctly or opened to early.

Never had it a part in months it was ok just before but I was using magnum carts in it so that might have something to do with it although it is magnum proofed 

33 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Wow, never seen that before. The locking lugs sheered, think the ammo manufacturers owe you a gun !

I’ve just ordered a new part not sure how I would go about claiming a new gun back from gamebore and to be honest don’t think I could be bothered thanks ?

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Is it an A612 Mark?  If so, I think they’ve got a pretty good reputation for reliability. Are the parts readily available and reasonably priced? Might be worth trying for a claim for parts maybe, you never know?

Yes it’s a a612 parts are very cheap £20 inc delivery this auto has had 1000s of carts through it and never had a issue cycling from 21g up to 56g 

• Like 1

Just read the two previous posts which affect this post............Personally I  wouldn't be keen to take the gun or cartridges to any dealer, ect.  These things have a habit of mysteriously disappearing when handed over to third parties. This is a serious failure of either cartridge manufacture or design.  I don't see how the cartridges managed to develop enough pressure or impact to sheer these off.  The gun development would have been designed to withstand proof+ pressures, so to generate enough power to sheer these off surely the barrel would been bulged or other parts damaged.  Did the cartridges sound loud or show excessive recoil.? I've never sèen or heard of this kind of structural failure.   What make model is the gun.?  How many cartridges has it shot.?    It's funny, Only the other day I was watching a YouTube video of an early pump action shotgun that had a problem with paper cartridges that got damp and were subject to hangfires which exploded in mid air after being ejected. They got over the problem by the recoil setting the action to only pump after a fire.  If the round didn't go off you couldn't pump the action, thus stopping hangfires being ejected to explode out of battery.

• Like 2