Making a start on the 20/21 rabbiting season

It's good to be out even if the cover is still up and it is still quite mild nothing beats being out with a dog, a box of ferrets and a flask full of coffee ?

The young pup is coming on well and is benefiting from a bit of one on one time as her mother is currently in the sick bay.

Roll on those crisp frosty mornings, happy hunting.

IMG_1632-2.jpg

IMG_1681-2.jpg

Edited by Terry Ermann
  • Like 16

Good luck mate for the season ?? miss a good mornings ferreting. round here don’t warrant owning ferrets no more it’s a lot of time waisted for not hardly any If any return I shifted my stinkers on a couple of seasons ago pretty gutted because I’d had the strain for years just stick to a bit of lamping now days but not as dedicated to that as I once was rabbit numbers are real thin here I can see the type of dog I keep changing to more terrier blooded with size due to lack of rabbits 

• Like 1

@poxon thanks pal, lots of areas are void of rabbits at the minute there are little pockets about. I’m quite lucky around here there is enough to keep me busy and the freezer stocked.

@Daniel cain sorry to hear that, all the best for Sunday.

@Flacko I have her Dam she is a Collie/Kelpie X Grew and I put a Grew over her to produce this one. 

• Like 5

Tell me about it terry we got pockets it’s 2s or 3s it’s a long old slog to get the dog’s enough runs round here but I’m sure the numbers will recover at some point my young bitch keeps finding dead rabbits in cover I recon that vhd virus is active round here again

the first pic I thought had been shot but sat in the hedge line it was a magpie that had the eye out 

9D44EAC9-D09E-4BFD-8E20-3D89FBA5570C.jpeg

ABDA8F56-DBEC-4BAD-A26C-D08C72F8ABBB.jpeg

Hey there @Night Walker hope all is good with you. 

Mother’s been better, she’s fit and raring to go certainly not showing any signs of slowing up but she’s on box rest at the minute ? tore a big strip out of herself on barbed wire, thankfully it’s just skin and is healing nicely unlike my wallet after being in the vets ?

1FF0381F-46FE-411E-9A6A-AA6F5ACC2D9E.jpeg

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Terry Ermann said:

It's good to be out even if the cover is still up and it is still quite mild nothing beats being out with a dog, a box of ferrets and a flask full of coffee ?

The young pup is coming on well and is benefiting from a bit of one on one time as her mother is currently in the sick bay.

Roll on those crisp frosty mornings, happy hunting.

IMG_1632-2.jpg

IMG_1681-2.jpg

Good luck for the coming season mate and. Best way to get the pup going

• Like 1
2 hours ago, poxon said:

Tell me about it terry we got pockets it’s 2s or 3s it’s a long old slog to get the dog’s enough runs round here but I’m sure the numbers will recover at some point my young bitch keeps finding dead rabbits in cover I recon that vhd virus is active round here again

the first pic I thought had been shot but sat in the hedge line it was a magpie that had the eye out 

9D44EAC9-D09E-4BFD-8E20-3D89FBA5570C.jpeg

ABDA8F56-DBEC-4BAD-A26C-D08C72F8ABBB.jpeg

The grandson picked one up like last season at first i thort it was one the riflemen had left behind but it didnt have a mark on it was glossy eyed and looked like a normal healthy bunny , is that wat there like with vhd ? Iv not known it be around here yet only heard rumours ?

1 hour ago, Loton Moocher said:

The grandson picked one up like last season at first i thort it was one the riflemen had left behind but it didnt have a mark on it was glossy eyed and looked like a normal healthy bunny , is that wat there like with vhd ? Iv not known it be around here yet only heard rumours ?

Yes normally look in good nic