Me and sean hit the old perm tonight time set was 8,30pm

sean 17 hmr

scope pard

spotter/ thermal

me raider single shot 22

scope photon

spotter/pard nv 019

RIGHT HERES AWAY

*****************************************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************************

***************************************************************************************************

*******************************************************************************************************

***************************************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************

************:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

RIGHT DID YOU GET ALL THAT

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Any way iv had a right head bash over the last few weeks with the photon not holding zero

its clipping the mod i was told so changed it .

its the barrel over to the right so sean fixed it

Then when we were sitting having a coffee and the rifle was on its pod on the floor sean noticed that the mounts were not sitting right on the rifle

so i got in touch with Pav (Allan) he knows these photons like the back of his hands

he told me what to get so ordered them but then i saw there coming from china,,, Feck.

So me and sean jumped into the car and went to see my mate john the rfd who sorted me out with a weaver block and some low mounts to fit

got home and fitted the photon to it set zero to 18yrds and had a little feck on zeroing it in but got there in the end .

AND AS FOR 18YRDS THATS ALL I HAVE FROM MY SITTING ROOM TO MY YARD LOL

Any way got to the perm set the target out to 31yrds using the range finder

fired two shots and spot on did not even have to touch any thing or re,zero it

set at 18yrds and on zero at 31 yrds cant get my head round it mind lol

first rabbit was at 32 yrds it ran behind some nettles and all i could see was its eye shine so lined the shot up and let the jsb go

it hit hard and the rabbit did a back flip and dropped dead to the ground .

Went over to get it and could i feck find it (forgot my lamp again  /on the bench at home ) so went back to the tank to see if my other one was there   nope left that too .

So went back to look for it again i stood at the gate and looked through the spotter and there it was so 1 in the bag.

Next was 42 yrds had to shoot through a fence but the shot was spot on same again it did a back flip and fell dead but this time i used the spotter to look for it before i went over the fence to get it lol.

ANY WAY

SEAN 4

ME 2

And now its sorted AGAIN lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

IMG_20200916_013326.jpg

IMG_20200916_000840.jpg

IMG_20200916_013042.jpg

IMG_20200916_013209.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, vizlauk said:

Rabbits love the hmr ! The noise doesn't bother them , especially when there dead !

Shot four last night with HMR  , with about 5 minutes gap between them apart from the first two , shot the first one , then his mate looked at him and probably thought , what the fcuk are you lying down for , then down he went . So noise of the HMR at 100  doesn’t seem to affect them 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, villaman said:

Shot four last night with HMR  , with about 5 minutes gap between them apart from the first two , shot the first one , then his mate looked at him and probably thought , what the fcuk are you lying down for , then down he went . So noise of the HMR at 100  doesn’t seem to affect them 

That’s true enough. I’ve shot twos and threes sat together with hmr many times and they’ve just sat there looking around until you’ve shot them all.

• Like 1

Nice shooting lads :thumbs:

I've not managed to get out since I was in the North with you lads! 

What model is the thermal? I'm on the lookout for one. Very nearly got the shackles, just it's going to make me skint if anything crops up unexpectedly. 

2 hours ago, liP said:

Nice shooting lads :thumbs:

I've not managed to get out since I was in the North with you lads! 

What model is the thermal? I'm on the lookout for one. Very nearly got the shackles, just it's going to make me skint if anything crops up unexpectedly. 

Pulsar helion xq38f!

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, liP said:

Cheers Sean, I was well impressed with it!! :thumbs:

Have you looked at pulsar xm30 , they have just come out with  New firmware for the 30 . Loads are raveing about them .

pulsar are coming out with new spotters very soon with built in laser range finders , just over £2000 or one with out lrf £1850 

• Like 1

Must confess, my interest is alerted in the hmr again. My pal and I are going the the rfd tonight to look at swapping some of his gear as he is going for a Tikka left hooker but alas there is an issue with the Tikka .22lr in left handed so production will not have them available in the UK until next April but we will have a look around.  I might even swap my WMR as it is not getting much use to be honest and the varmint barrel does make it heavy for me..............................yes I know Mitch, I am old twat.......?

Phil

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, philpot said:

Must confess, my interest is alerted in the hmr again. My pal and I are going the the rfd tonight to look at swapping some of his gear as he is going for a Tikka left hooker but alas there is an issue with the Tikka .22lr in left handed so production will not have them available in the UK until next April but we will have a look around.  I might even swap my WMR as it is not getting much use to be honest and the varmint barrel does make it heavy for me..............................yes I know Mitch, I am old twat.......?

Phil

As you know I'm a lefty,  the tikka t1x  17hmr I use is right handed & my 22lr also a right handed tikka t1x, nice & easy ,  pleased I didn't wait for a left handed version!

You won't regret a hmr !

Phil , tikka 17 HMR is unbelievable not really fussy  but mine shoots federal premium the best  , but just ordered 17 Norma , apparently these are very good in tikka’s  , plus I use Norma in my cz457 and absolutely brilliant on accuracy and very quite , £3.50 per box , £35 per 500 .

Nice accurate gun  with a nice trigger for £470 , win , win situation 

The left hooker situation is not my problem, that is for my pal to decide on but he is using browning T-bolt at present which are leftys so that call is his.

My Tikka .22lr is cracking so is my CZ 455 wmr but I made the mistake of buying one with the varmint barrel, not taking into account just how cumbersome it is to shoot free standing hence my thought of a possible change to a Tikka hmr.

Not tried the Norma ammunition in my guns, using Hornady in the wmr and RWS subs in the .22lr both of which perform extremely well but I would try Norma and the subs are really well priced.

Phil

Good to see someone else shooting from an X-Trail.

I made up a little clamp for the drivers door mirror bracket that works just right for me as my perms are grazing and I just point the car where it places the HMR in about the right position. Using a roof mount thermal spotter with a 7" monitor in the car helps with that.

It's the sonic crack that confuses bunnies because they can't source the crack like they can with air or .22LR. I've had some multi-shot follow on's with mine when the opportunity presents, keeping in mind I'm fully rested in the driving seat or out the sunroof,  I've found it a good idea to always go at a bunch with a full mag as plenty of opportunities are lost when no rounds left.

Here's one from some time ago:

And more recently:

• Like 2
8 hours ago, some bloke said:

Good to see someone else shooting from an X-Trail.

I made up a little clamp for the drivers door mirror bracket that works just right for me as my perms are grazing and I just point the car where it places the HMR in about the right position. Using a roof mount thermal spotter with a 7" monitor in the car helps with that.

It's the sonic crack that confuses bunnies because they can't source the crack like they can with air or .22LR. I've had some multi-shot follow on's with mine when the opportunity presents, keeping in mind I'm fully rested in the driving seat or out the sunroof,  I've found it a good idea to always go at a bunch with a full mag as plenty of opportunities are lost when no rounds left.

Here's one from some time ago:

And more recently:

Love my xtrail iv had range rovers,,,defenders,,,pajeros,,,and so on

but this is the longest one iv had the only down side i think is the back box on them they are too low and catch on ruff ground .

Just had a lot of work done on mine thanks to viz

but should be good for another 5 yrs lol.

Its good on diesal and thats one of the things thats made me keep it so long

and iv no plans yet of getting rid

but it could do with a clean lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

IMG_20190619_190042.jpg

IMG_20190619_194532 (2).jpg

DSC_0073.JPG

P120613_07.23.jpg