ok, could Lewis have beaten Ali, if both in there prime ?

ok, Mick c , And Gnasher or any other boxing buffs , what you lot think ? Dont get me wrong i think Ali was the best Heavyweight to  get ever in a ring, and  i still think the same .But was reading about Lewis lastnight, and what it said , was that he  had everything needed to be great champion,= height  6ft 5in,   250lb ,  power, great left jab, one of longest reach , 5 in more than Ali , both good stopping hands, very agile, and good brain, could  change tactics in a fight when he had to,  good wind for 12 rounds, not bad jaw , ok he got ko  twice, but he beat them 2nd time round, Ali prob got the better jaw , but dont think he  had Lewis  overall  power . So  i think , it be close  maybe Ali    late stoppage , but regards the crop we got to day= Fury, Aj, Wilder,  Lewis,   would deff beat them easy, well thats wha i think .!

38 minutes ago, bird said:

ok, Mick c , And Gnasher or any other boxing buffs , what you lot think ? Dont get me wrong i think Ali was the best Heavyweight to  get ever in a ring, and  i still think the same .But was reading about Lewis lastnight, and what it said , was that he  had everything needed to be great champion,= height  6ft 5in,   250lb ,  power, great left jab, one of longest reach , 5 in more than Ali , both good stopping hands, very agile, and good brain, could  change tactics in a fight when he had to,  good wind for 12 rounds, not bad jaw , ok he got ko  twice, but he beat them 2nd time round, Ali prob got the better jaw , but dont think he  had Lewis  overall  power . So  i think , it be close  maybe Ali    late stoppage , but regards the crop we got to day= Fury, Aj, Wilder,  Lewis,   would deff beat them easy, well thats wha i think .!

It would be a very tough fight for Ali, Lewis had all the tools in the box, 8a great trainer plus he had the size and power  on Ali. 

I still think Ali at his peak was too fast and elusive for Lewis and would beat him on points. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1

Bit pointless really, these discussions about boxers from different eras. 

'Big' george foreman was only 4lb heavier than ali when they fought. Foreman 220lb, ali 216lb.

Fury wilder 1st fight, wilder 212lb, fury 256 1/2lb, almost 3 1/2 stone difference. Pretty embarrassing for fury and his fans really, considering such a smaller opponent, that can't really box, put him on his arse twice in the same fight lol.

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Bit pointless really, these discussions about boxers from different eras. 

'Big' george foreman was only 4lb heavier than ali when they fought. Foreman 220lb, ali 216lb.

I agree these " Its a Knockout" type match ups are not even worth discussing.....you like to think that being the greatest heavyweight in history Ali would find a way to beat Lewis.....but who knows....................he was better than him at everything...just leave it at that.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3

Been watching Ali on y tube last few days , against guys like forman,Norton,Louis and Ron Lyle . what a group of power house,s all with harts like lions fantastic fights don't think any of the modern day fighters  or lewis could have lived wi em . just my veiw

• Like 2

Keep an eye out for a kid called Johnny Fisher at heavyweight...big,powerful white kid will make his debut towards the end of the year....very raw but he,ll hopefully make a dent in the division over the coming years,remember the name ?

Edited by gnasher16