Mystery object

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a plastic tub for goodness sake. Go for a bloody walk, life is better than this.....

Well mystery object tub is now being put to good use . Stops the blood and guts messing up the mule a treat .

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Alsone said:

It's a domestic water header tank:

https://www.cityplumbing.co.uk/Kingspan-Pc50R-Ferham-Open-Topped-Rectangular-227L-Cold-Water-Cistern-Stackable/p/953254

Either fallen from a plumbers van (maybe an open backed one), been dumped or could have been intended for the use you suggested.

Bolloćks, its a transport vessel, beamed down by poacher aliens, intending on abducting the gamekeeper to reverse shiť him with slug cum. Duh! 

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Alsone said:

Look at the link in the post above Phil. I have 4 of these in my loft albeit the smaller ones.

I have been lookig for a suitable tank for a while now and checked every large tank from plumbers merchants and building merchants along with bith Wickes and B&Q but they all have these baffles / fins / molded in strengthening plates at the bottom of the sides to stop the swelling. The smaller ones do not have them.

These baffles in the big tanks stop the flow of water running around the tank so the filters cannot work properly.  The tank SL found has no strengthening plates inside which is why I say it is ideal, trust me finding a fecking tank suited to my needs is driving me bloody mad, if I could pop to the merchant and buy a water tank..............I would have.

So now you all know what a boring pratt I am spending time looking inside water tanks for one that ticks the boxes.........................sad ole tart ?

Phil

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
11 hours ago, philpot said:

I have been lookig for a suitable tank for a while now and checked every large tank from plumbers merchants and building merchants along with bith Wickes and B&Q but they all have these baffles / fins / molded in strengthening plates at the bottom of the sides to stop the swelling. The smaller ones do not have them.

These baffles in the big tanks stop the flow of water running around the tank so the filters cannot work properly.  The tank SL found has no strengthening plates inside which is why I say it is ideal, trust me finding a fecking tank suited to my needs is driving me bloody mad, if I could pop to the merchant and buy a water tank..............I would have.

So now you all know what a boring pratt I am spending time looking inside water tanks for one that ticks the boxes.........................sad ole tart ?

Phil

Phil , if you want to drive down the M5 to 11a I would be happy to let you have the tank .

As an alternative, have a look at plaster mixing baths . I think they would suit your purpose. ?

• Like 2

The ones without internal baffles are really common. You shouldn't have much trouble at any plumbers merchants. 

I'm guessing this is for a pond filter?

There's a large circular one here (227 litres) although you can't see inside to check to baffles, I doubt it has them though (there are other sizes):  https://www.cityplumbing.co.uk/Kingspan-Pc50C-Ferham-Open-Topped-Circular-227L-Cold-Water-Cistern-Stackable-Only/p/799312

Then plenty of these in various sizes: https://www.cityplumbing.co.uk/Kingspan-Pc20R-Ferham-Open-Toppped-Rectangular-91L-Cold-Water-Cistern-Stackable/p/953251

City plumbing has branches in most uk cities.

You can usually buy lids separately as well (even for open ones) although they are quite flimsy.

Edited by Alsone
  • Thanks 1