Wow.....

26 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

To be honest I think it would be an unfair comparison, their dogs are brought up in that climate, ours aren’t so would overheat a lot quicker. I think we’ve got the type we need in this country tbh the saluki blood was a revelation when it first happened but these days I don’t know what can be added by bringing one of them over. Their idea of coursing is worlds away from ours 

I said similar a few years ago. British bred pure salukis, that have been bred for a few generations now, that have been used for coursing and catching european brown hares, which are bigger,  stronger and faster than those desert hares, have got to be a better type of dog to use, rather than c o o imports

Edited by shaaark

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i wonder why us brits always think our hare is the best......I mean has anyone ever speed tested all the hare species......that critter in the clip looked pretty bloody quick to me... just saying

I hope they left him live he deserves it. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I said similar a few years ago. British bred pure salukis, that have been bred for a few generations now, that have been used for coursing and catching european brown hares, which are bigger,  stronger and faster than those desert hares, have got to be a better type of dog to use, rather than c o o imports

People see the word ‘import’ and think the grass must be greener when a lot of the time it’s not the case

• Like 1
2 hours ago, shaaark said:

i wonder why us brits always think our hare is the best......I mean has anyone ever speed tested all the hare species......that critter in the clip looked pretty bloody quick to me...

just saying like

• Like 9

I must admit its been one of them things I would have liked to have done.....you know take a good british coursing dog around the world chasing veriouse hare species ...

I recon them jack rabbits in the usa would be fun.....and theres about 4 species or more in north America....and of course the Iberian hare in spain

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, TOMO said:

i wonder why us brits always think our hare is the best......I mean has anyone ever speed tested all the hare species......that critter in the clip looked pretty bloody quick to me...

just saying like

I've run one or two out there;

IMG_0101.JPG.0f01e7db7b7a839e3a2f42f3de4164c5.JPG

Hard work for man and dog !

Cheers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, TOMO said:

just saying like

12 hours ago, TOMO said:

I must admit its been one of them things I would have liked to have done.....you know take a good british coursing dog around the world chasing veriouse hare species ...

I recon them jack rabbits in the usa would be fun.....and theres about 4 species or more in north America....and of course the Iberian hare in spain

Not saying the 'british' european brown hare is the best tomo, but it's certainly bigger, looks faster and seems to have more stamina than those desert hares from the middle east. 

Like you say, I think one of the species of jackrabbits is the fastest hare species, not sure mind. But the european brown hare is right up there with em in terms of speed, stamina and size. Those desert middle eastern hares, are little bigger than your average rabbit, or even smaller sometimes. And yes, that hare in the vid did look like it was going some speed, but so do a lot of rabbits look the same, especially when being chased by a dog that isn't particularly fast

Anyway, like you say, would be great to have the opportunty to course the different types of hare found around the world ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, shaaark said:

Not saying the 'british' european brown hare is the best tomo, but it's certainly bigger, looks faster and seems to have more stamina than those desert hares from the middle east. 

Like you say, I think one of the species of jackrabbits is the fastest hare species, not sure mind. But the european brown hare is right up there with em in terms of speed, stamina and size. Those desert middle eastern hares, are little bigger than your average rabbit, or even smaller sometimes. And yes, that hare in the vid did look like it was going some speed, but so do a lot of rabbits look the same, especially when being chased by a dog that isn't particularly fast

Anyway, like you say, would be great to have the opportunty to course the different types of hare found around the world ?

Hit the nail on the head, stick a fast dog behind that hare it probably wouldn’t look so quick 

• Like 1