a bit of civility

Just now, stumfelter said:

I've stood up and offered my seat to elderly people on the tube etc while kids half my age won't even look up from their phone screen, some kids today are just pig ignorant.

If I didn't do that as a kid I would of got wacked and rightly so as been said manners cost nothing 

• Like 4

Manners don't make you a good man though. 

The local drug dealing nutcase thought he would be respected because he bought old Amos a pint at the local and walked Mavis over the road with her shopping, him smashing 60 year old Ray over the head with a barstool at our local and burning down somebody's house didn't matter. ?

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My mother still to this day says she was always filled with pride when somebody stopped her in the street and told her that me or my brothers were very polite and helpful young boys. I instilled it into my kids and they are very polite to everybody as I am. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Manners don't make you a good man though. 

The local drug dealing nutcase thought he would be respected because he bought old Amos a pint at the local and walked Mavis over the road with her shopping, him smashing 60 year old Ray over the head with a barstool at our local and burning down somebody's house didn't matter. ?

If he tried that with "our " 60 odd year old Ray ,he'd would of got a size 12 in the bollox and a bloody good thrashing ,he's a strong bugger for his age ,12 st 12 lb 6 ft 2 in , his bad back (feked it shagging )wouldn't have stopped him either .

• Haha 11
20 minutes ago, Astanley said:

If he tried that with "our " 60 odd year old Ray ,he'd would of got a size 12 in the bollox and a bloody good thrashing ,he's a strong bugger for his age ,12 st 12 lb 6 ft 2 in , his bad back (feked it shagging )wouldn't have stopped him either .

haha  on the money  stan    lol,  but being honest old chap, ive give up with these feckers by me , they just dont want to know , ok i know ive got big dog, but so what even if i keep the daft prat on the lead , they still dont want to talk,  and the women are worse, either they scared of me and the dog , or there stuck up prats. well know i dont talk to  nobody  unless they speak 1st , fook'um :yes:

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, bird said:

haha  on the money  stan    lol,  but being honest old chap, ive give up with these feckers by me , they just dont want to know , ok i know ive got big dog, but so what even if i keep the daft prat on the lead , they still dont want to talk,  and the women are worse, either they scared of me and the dog , or there stuck up prats. well know i dont talk to  nobody  unless they speak 1st , fook'um :yes:

It's that wild man of the woods with a half tamed wolf look you've got going on Ray.

17 hours ago, stumfelter said:

I've stood up and offered my seat to elderly people on the tube etc while kids half my age won't even look up from their phone screen, some kids today are just pig ignorant.

some kids today mate just need a good slapping.ie..were i live they think its hard when theres a possie of em. 13/14 year olds on pushbikes..holding up the traffic and forcing people, old people at that, to move out the way for them..and then i come tootling along on my bike with my little beddie/whippet lol,,and evie me dutch x belgium sheperd..you can see em thinking feck that..that big fecker might have me..the possie line soon splits to let me on my merry way its like the parting of the sea..lol..oh and good evening keith and all..

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Really? Iv honestly found southerners a lot more ignorant, get on a bus in Glasgow then get on a bus in London an I bet you more folk give you the time of time up north, like iv said tho my accent an looks often fcuk me up ? but I honestly thought it was other way?

I should have refraised it better mate I ment the dog lads I have met over the year's those who I thought were lads with good manners were the lads from east London. 

• Like 1

Manners are a must.ive always respected my elders.i remember being 18 in the pub in neath Friday afternoon.

2 old ladies sitting there sipping a drink.i offered them both a drink to which they said yes please.we had a chat for a few mins.

Whilst about 30 men were looking at me very suspiciously.why didn't they offer the 2 old ladies a drink.bunch of cnuts all of them..well what would you expect from the townies lol

I picked up all the perm around me. the last farm yesterday.

Simply because of manners.treat people like c**ts and you will be treated the same..

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, king said:

Manners are a must.ive always respected my elders.i remember being 18 in the pub in neath Friday afternoon.

2 old ladies sitting there sipping a drink.i offered them both a drink to which they said yes please.we had a chat for a few mins.

Whilst about 30 men were looking at me very suspiciously.why didn't they offer the 2 old ladies a drink.bunch of cnuts all of them..well what would you expect from the townies lol

Simply because of manners.treat people like c**ts and you will be treated the same..

"Manners are a must"

"Bunch if cnuts all of them what do you expect off townies"

• Haha 4
17 hours ago, king said:

Thats just generosity though mate i dont think theres any real connection between manners and generosity......generosity without sincerity is just being flash ive seen plenty of generous acts that lacked manners.

Im sure you was being sincere.....im just saying like ?

• Like 1