Lurchers and Thermal

5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

If a lad turned up with a lurcher in a shooting day on some of the estates I’ve been at ver the years it would be pinged 

end of season fox drives maybe but certainly not those  days 

Small syndicates your be alright sometimes but wodney and wupert would be having none on ya

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out of curiosity, who decided? 

I got to page 7 then jumped to the this page did I miss anything?

when I was a partridge keeper I used to do ten thousand a year and partridges are in and out the pen in about 12 hours, if you not on your game fox wise your stuffed, I am still on the same land with

Posted Images

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

If a lad turned up with a lurcher in a shooting day on some of the estates I’ve been at ver the years it would be pinged 

I beat on a few shoots with a gundog trained beddy x who does his share of work when it’s called for 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Maybe changed there mind when they see what a good honest dog can do, other than all the gear no idea spaniel kickers

12 minutes ago, Westy76 said:

I beat on a few shoots with a gundog trained beddy x who does his share of work when it’s called for 

Your not alone mate , alot of tossers turn up with unruley spaniels on leads pulling there all the gear no idea plum in mouth owners through the brairs yes we av all seen them  , a well trained poachers dog does a far better job ?

5 minutes ago, All-terrain said:

Bet your fun in the pub 

If its a court case you can say it belonged to someone else then. Y law they canna take it , i did this many many years ago when i had my nets siesed a mate came to court and said they were his and i lent them  i got fined a fiver and he got me nets back ? ? 

Wouldn’t be without mine now and it served its purpose tonight on two runs like others have said great for getting you into position. Dog still gotta do the work and that’s what he done. Got him into position 80-100 yards with a little wind blowing towards us as I know if lamp goes on there no waiting around as it was only local so they know the score. Let big dog  pick up the scent then new he could see the silhouette. No lamp needed and same on second occasion. Young dog bundled one over right on the edge but wasn’t to be tonight and I don’t think I’d have got near any of them if I never had it with me as there lamp shy to say the least and even with no moon it’s light out there. As I’ve done tonight though it’s allowed me to go out at ten have a quick couple of hours not shining a lamp everywhere. Lamp went on 3 times for all of 20/30 seconds a time. When you got no permission and your out regular they worth the money in my eyes

• Like 1