Lurchers and Thermal

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out of curiosity, who decided? 

I got to page 7 then jumped to the this page did I miss anything?

when I was a partridge keeper I used to do ten thousand a year and partridges are in and out the pen in about 12 hours, if you not on your game fox wise your stuffed, I am still on the same land with

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Loton Moocher said:

I remember beating on a shoot once with strict instructions not  to touch ? ffs they shot 7 pheasants no wonder there were more foxes than ? ? 

Its surprisingly how many u see on driven days 

Some load mouth beater shouts 3 foxes come out that drive and the keeper mutters ffs under his breath ?

15 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Its surprisingly how many u see on driven days 

Some load mouth beater shouts 3 foxes come out that drive and the keeper mutters ffs under his breath ?

I hear tell that in times when such things were legal, some keepers didn't mind a handy lurcher somewhere in the beating line for those that went back.

1 hour ago, The drover said:

Theres men who go out with dogs for high numbers of bunnies.  Is that any different.  Not having a go at you personally ? 

Yeah get what your saying mate and know your just making a point and not in reference to what I’ve put . I ain’t a numbers guy because my dogs are shit ? but chiefly because I’m a just a messer and don’t put the yards in putting game in front of the dog. I’m not a shooter but not anti shooting at all. I just don’t get the hobbyists doing crazy numbers and not pest control don’t think it’s right. Is hypocritical because if it’s “Did the tonne in one night” lurcher topic I’m all over it ?

• Like 1

Thing with a dog you’ve got to put the ground work in. Rearing from 8 weeks old, feeding, exercise. Then you’ve got to condition it, put the miles in to find the runs to get it fit, then if you go for a big bag night and get it it’s an achievement, and nobodies doing that with dogs weekly or even fortnightly, the big bag nights 100+ are a few times a season at the most.

These boys don’t have any skills at all they just buy themselves a rifle and a thermal then away they go, mass destruction of wildlife. It’s a sad state of affairs when men know more about rifles & optics than the animals they’re killing but that’s the world we live in now.

• Like 2

Proper joke that channel always having a crack at lurcher boys and poachers saying they’re destroying the countryside, even got the cheek to say it’s about money when they’re charging £150 a brace for grouse or £500+ for stalking, only part that bothers them is us taking money out their pockets they couldn’t give a f**k for the wildlife.

• Like 1

when I was a partridge keeper I used to do ten thousand a year and partridges are in and out the pen in about 12 hours, if you not on your game fox wise your stuffed, I am still on the same land with a few pheasants now, and possibly shoot 6 foxs a season and don't mind one or two about, the thing that pisses me off is the police giving tickets for foxing rifles to joe public with no keepering or farming interests, just for sport fox shooting is not a sport its a job, as for rabbits ive caught thousands ferreting and never whipped a place out yet. there are allot of holier than though people on here the ones that know the least say the most as usual.

• Like 8

I'd say a thermal could be seen as progression. Once upon a time there was no lamps and the dog would be run in the day. Then the lamp  came along. (Progression).

Not all dog men lamp but most seem to and the younger lot coming through will probably turn thermal for the most. No doubt some will still use a lamp but its just times changing imo.

• Like 1