Lurchers and Thermal

20 hours ago, morton said:

I'm not trying to be hard assed on you mucker,im just trying to point you in another direction,apologies.It boils my urine now when folk race towards technology to make up for the duff shit they now accept as lurchers.In my time lurchers did all the work,all the time,all the hours and on all the land.Now they are seen as an addition to the technology,i don,t recognise that.

Think that is kind of the point. At that time you didn't have mobile phones, cctv etc to deal with and there were a lot less houses and eyes about. Whenever something new comes along the old guard don't like it, I expect a similar conversation was had about bow and arrows a long time back

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out of curiosity, who decided? 

I got to page 7 then jumped to the this page did I miss anything?

when I was a partridge keeper I used to do ten thousand a year and partridges are in and out the pen in about 12 hours, if you not on your game fox wise your stuffed, I am still on the same land with

Posted Images

I rarely do anything at night nowadays in my area it just aint worth it , you have less chance of being spotted in the day than at night every keeper uses night. Vision now and lamping with the rifle has never been so busy hence thats where all the rabbits av gone , if the keeper aint out shooting son and mates defo will be ? Im lucky enough to remember the early days with the LR9 and motorbike battery you rarly got challenged and there was plenty sport for all , iv gone back to humble beginings now mooching the hedgerows and enjoy it just the same .

• Like 1

Just because someone is rich enough to own large areas of land does that give them the right to destroy all the wildlife living on that land to make even more money than they can ever spend, when I'm paying thousands of pounds ayear in taxes and a percentage goes in grants and subsadees I would say I should have a say,if they want to do has they wish with the wildlife then don't expect us to pay towards it.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Pirate 9000 said:

Just because someone is rich enough to own large areas of land does that give them the right to destroy all the wildlife living on that land to make even more money than they can ever spend, when I'm paying thousands of pounds ayear in taxes and a percentage goes in grants and subsadees I would say I should have a say,if they want to do has they wish with the wildlife then don't expect us to pay towards it.

That’s the country we live in. We pay taxes to make the rich richer, and in return they tell us what we can & cant do, while they do whatever they want. 

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 4
48 minutes ago, Pirate 9000 said:

Not being a dick but no one pays tax to promote rabbit or fox numbers. Butterflies, Beatles, birds and door mice maybe. 

38 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

That’s the country we live in. We pay taxes to make the rich richer, and in return they tell us what we can & cant do, while they do whatever they want. 

Generally it’s the old money who are ok and the new money that are a problem. There are a number of big estates, including one of the biggest and most famous in southern England with a massive famous shoot where the keepers would lose their jobs if found shooting foxes..........

People talk a lot about things they half understand. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Generally it’s the old money who are ok and the new money that are a problem. There are a number of big estates, including one of the biggest and most famous in southern England with a massive famous shoot where the keepers would lose their jobs if found shooting foxes..........

People talk a lot about things they half understand. 

In my youth if anyone shot a fox the would receive a visit from scarlet clad cluxers