Coterminous application refused

On 13/09/2020 at 17:35, Andy79 said:

Hi 

Just after a get a general consensus.

i applied for and have been refused a coterminous grant application.

the reasons given were for my medical history and a domestic incident in 2018. Mymedical was an accidental OD of antibiotics and antihistamines in 2005 and a low mood disorder in 2010.

i sent a medical report with my application where my GP states I’m applying for firearms and that I’ve no current medications and he’s no current concerns.

now the domestic incident in 2018.

im a domestic violence victim my ex wife beat me up and was charged with GBH. 
when me and my partner had a argument I thought she was going to hit me with me being an ex prison officer the training kicked in and I put her in arm lock.

the police deemed this excessive force and charged me with assault by beating.

it went all the way to court where the CPS offered no evidence and the case was dismissed. 
we are now married and there’s been no incidents since. 

the FEO I had for my visit wasn’t the nicest chap he spent less an hour in my house during which time he only spoke to my wife to ask her name. 

I read the firearms security handbook 2019 which I applied to my cabinet and ammo safe now I keep my keys locked away as per the advice given in the handbook. 

He didn’t like that and told me I should hide my keys in a draw or something.

he tried to tell me I had to have a monitored alarm system installed with no explanation as to why he felt it was necessary. 

tried to tell me I was only allowed two rifles of the 5 I had applied for. 

he even rang my club to tell them that the range was not suitable for the .17hmr and the .300blk I had applied for despite those rounds wrong well within our range rating. 

he just generally wasn’t a very friendly approachable person.

so after speaking with the BASC firearms team I put a complaint in to the licensing manager who forwarded that complaint straight to the FEO concerned. 

I feel this refusal is personal because I had the cheek to complain and reference the appropriate paragraphs in the firearms security handbook that the FEO was ignoring and enforcing his opinions.

I have legal protection with my other shooting insurance with country cover club and after a conversation with them on Saturday they seem to believe I have an above 50/50 chance of winning an appeal.

But I’m just wondering what the general consensus is, is it worth appealing or should I just accept the refusal.

Am I  reading this correctly.?  .......  tried to tell me I was only allowed two rifles of the 5 I had applied for.....  !!!???

You've applied for 51 rifles.?   If I  was that FEO I  would be hearing VERY LOUD ALARM BELLS.  First and only post .!!  WARNING, WARNING

• Haha 1

All a bit academic really.   He joined the forum,  made one post and never came back to communicate after that night.    We could only speculate why:... He was So pissed at being turned down that he emigrated to the States,,,  He was beaten up by his Mrs and is in hospital unable to join us,,, He fell down a pot hole and can't get out or he went down the ploddery and kicked off and is banged up.  Anyway he never came back.  I can't believe that he didn't understand his refusal when he applied for 51 guns to be granted. Perhaps he saw the light and decided shooting wasn't the way forward and took up fishing, using dynamite.  More spectacular. 

• Sunday at 22:0
Edited by Meece

He applied for 5 guns not 51. Bit of misreading there by someone. He was told he was allowed 2 guns of the 5 he applied for, then he said he was refused. :hmm:

I genuinely don't understand posts like this and I've seen many similar. None of it adds up and the OP rarely reappears to see any replies, and if they do they are normally abusive if anyone doubts them.

1 hour ago, walshie said:

He applied for 5 guns not 51. Bit of misreading there by someone. He was told he was allowed 2 guns of the 5 he applied for, then he said he was refused. :hmm:

I genuinely don't understand posts like this and I've seen many similar. None of it adds up and the OP rarely reappears to see any replies, and if they do they are normally abusive if anyone doubts them.

Weirdos. They all end up here.....?

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, walshie said:

I thank you for bringing my error to  my attention.   I blame it on Brexit,???., And the sun was shining on the screen, ??. I can understand applying for five to avoid paying for variations over the cert period.   I very much doubt that any authority would give five at first application though.  Perhaps the applicant might have had a better chance first time with a 22lr and say a 223 or 243. We had a similar situation at  my rifle club where a bloke turns up and wants to have about a dozen guns.  Fair enough but he was always talking daft about giving the Mrs a good hiding and beating up the  neighbour because he parked his car in front of his house and about how he trained his dog to attack people.!!!  Needless to say I  don't think anyone was keen to vouch for him.!

• Like 2
On 18/09/2020 at 22:01, walshie said:

Maybe these posts are just antis fishing for licensing information and to see whether it's easy to cirumvent the checks. Hoepfully, if that is the case, they realise, the checks are stringent and the only way you get a licence is by rpoving your suitability.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, walshie said:

Well he still hasn't been back. Our words of wisdom were wasted.

Definitely not wasted words of wisdom mate there will be people lurking who don’t like to post who will suck all this wisdom up there’s a lot of knowledgeable people on here.

But a newbie maybe breaking his virginity on the General section can be a bit daunting for some lol and they run a mile ??

• Like 3