Storing eggs for invitro fertilization

I have always preferred bitches to dogs for digging.Because of this I have never stored froze semen.I do have a couple of bitches I would be interested in storing eggs from and I'm currently researching the topic.Some of the old timers always told me not to do any of these type things as they believed it was unnatural and would produce inferior animals.Theres a place in Texas that will clone your dog but they are producing inferior specimens more susceptible to cancer and sickness.I was just wondering everyone's thoughts on these type modern technology?Is it a waste of time? Or a way to prepare for the future?

As pertains to holding a line of terriers, not peddling pups.Opinions appreciated 

• Like 1

I'd imagine cloning would be extremely expensive and I think it produces offspring with the same genetic age as the donor.They found that with Dolly the sheep,I think the lamb was born as a five year old as to its organs and didn't live that long.I don't like the idea of storing the eggs either for years,it's sort of messing with evolution,bringing back animals that belong in the past.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I'd imagine cloning would be extremely expensive and I think it produces offspring with the same genetic age as the donor.They found that with Dolly the sheep,I think the lamb was born as a five year old as to its organs and didn't live that long.I don't like the idea of storing the eggs either for years,it's sort of messing with evolution,bringing back animals that belong in the past.

Cloning is around $50,000 US.But it is scheduled to decrease drastically over the next 10 years.But you would need to store the DNA now.I have mixed feelings about this.In theory you should be able to carry a line forward without it.I asked one old man I trusted about it 10 years ago and he said "If the dirty b*****d couldn't produce while they alive I sure don't want nothing from them after they dead?

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Loton Moocher said:

Fecking wish i had a clone of my old bitch

Likewise. Plenty dogs and bitches I got some good honest work out of them and looking back I should have took something out of them.

Couldnt see the wood for the tree’s at the time.

Though it’s gone and passed. 

Freezing eggs or sperm maybe someone’s cup of tea

Work with what u have and know better.

Sounds like another money racket to me.

Ask a sheep farmer,  they take eggs from quality sheep, fertilise them and implant them in run of the mill shit to carry till birth. I spoke to a lad who's big into texel sheep, he certainly got me thinking. 

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 6
12 hours ago, dillydog said:

Ask a sheep farmer,  they take eggs from quantity sheep, fertilise them and implant them in run of the mill shit to carry till birth. I spoke to a lad who's big into texel sheep, he certainly got me thinking. 

Thanks Sheep are rare in Dixie and generally married.I have discussed it with some cattle breeders.I am amazed at what they can do with cows and I'm sure sheep too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1