Surströmming

In case anybody native to the western world Hasn't come across " Surströmming " yet? It's Fermented, practically rotten herrings. Popular in Sweden, where they have almost ritualistic manners of preparing and eating it. To 98% of anyone else? It stinks like something no words seem able to describe.

It became one of these 'Challenge' things. Here's a typical one. Lads don't talk the queens. But, no words needed! :D

Being fish, and fun?  It's giving me ideas for your next fishing contest! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I do believe I may have picked up that's the Svedish way of doing it, Mush. I know for a fact they pierce the tin submerged. But, is it not also traditionally, indeed, consumed with copious volumes of vodka?

I've watched endless hours of people absolutely throwing their rings at it. But, I did see a 'proper' film of the real Mcoys devouring it with relish. Some sort of rye bread? Can't remember the finer details.

Some fukking crakking vid's out there though, of normal people trying it!

• Like 1

I've had the pleasure of trying a few strange things in my time. One thing I really would like to try, is the fermented shark. Would also like to try whale. My Mrs and daughter go mad at me for having late night plates of pickled fish/cockles etc, I'll eat anything at anytime tbf ?

Nothing beats taking a swig of rancid milk for the gyp factor though ?

5 hours ago, si brown said:

watched some lads from boro doing it, the can nearly exploded when they opened it with all the gas from it rotting ?

they were spewing all over the spot trying to do it...    ? not a chance

You DO NOT want to get the juice anywhere on you at all! You ain't never getting rid of the smell and will end up throwing your clothes away ?

• Haha 1