alarming reaction

5 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Well, the situation is like this, I've refused 5 people the dog, from both here and across the pond, and for strong money too from 2...I had my pick of the litter from 2 weeks old, this dog here was 1st born, a smashing little lad from the moment he opened his eyes, I only intended on keeping one from the litter and told katchum on numerous occasions that I couldn't understand how he was overlooked by everyone that viewed them... The reason I wanted him rehome is that he gets plenty of work and a good owner, I know I will struggle to get enough work for 2,as rabbits aren't as plentiful as they once were, my intentions of rehoming kevlar(the dog pup) was to ensure he'd get the work and lifestyle he was bred for, but it's a done deal now, he's on my team now, he won't be getting exhausted from hunting anytime soon I reckon lol

Fair enough I understand the reasons but I genuinely think the dog would rather a life of little bunnies and hunting but with you than plentiful hunting but the huge psychological upheaval of moving homes etc. Right decision and good luck with him. 

• Like 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell them to put a roof on the kennel run?.  Dogs are adaptable and settle if managed sensibly. 

When I was younger I would give a dog away and just convince myself it would settle and be ok and most probably were, but now I keep my dogs till death,I only hunt now for the pleasure of watching the

Well, the situation is like this, I've refused 5 people the dog, from both here and across the pond, and for strong money too from 2...I had my pick of the litter from 2 weeks old, this dog here was 1

Posted Images

Kevlar came about when at 3 weeks old I dropped a metal cooking pot and with the clang of the metal hitting the floor, all the pups scattered in terror, but he just squatted down, I got the idea he was bulletproof.... Hence Kevlar.... Or was it 2 of my kids are kevin and Laura..... Nah... It was the 1st one

• Haha 3
37 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Kevlar came about when at 3 weeks old I dropped a metal cooking pot and with the clang of the metal hitting the floor, all the pups scattered in terror, but he just squatted down, I got the idea he was bulletproof.... Hence Kevlar.... Or was it 2 of my kids are kevin and Laura..... Nah... It was the 1st one

Great idea Jigsaw; I do like a bit of background story behind names. Mine are a bit boring compared to that: Noggin had a massive head like a bucket compared to the rest of the pups in the litter (though his head is now smaller than Ned's who was normal build as a pup). And Ned was named after my daughter Dilly! We'd not had a girl in the family in 36 years so we were expecting another boy and had decided on Ned. When we found out we had a daughter we decided to keep the name for a future kelpie...though everybody assumes he's named after Ned Kelly. Apparently it also stands for Non Educated Delinquent.?

• Haha 1
On 16/09/2020 at 10:23, jigsaw said:

Well, the situation is like this, I've refused 5 people the dog, from both here and across the pond, and for strong money too from 2...I had my pick of the litter from 2 weeks old, this dog here was 1st born, a smashing little lad from the moment he opened his eyes, I only intended on keeping one from the litter and told katchum on numerous occasions that I couldn't understand how he was overlooked by everyone that viewed them... The reason I wanted him rehome is that he gets plenty of work and a good owner, I know I will struggle to get enough work for 2,as rabbits aren't as plentiful as they once were, my intentions of rehoming kevlar(the dog pup) was to ensure he'd get the work and lifestyle he was bred for, but it's a done deal now, he's on my team now, he won't be getting exhausted from hunting anytime soon I reckon lol

I think you made the right choice jigsaw ?Wish you all the best .

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I have to admit( quite asahamedly) I was probably a Ned when I was younger, I think Glasgow started that trend ??

You didn't see any neds in swansea and port talbot?!! Place was alive with the fuckers years ago lol ??