ATN Xsite II on pcp help

So was hoping someone here might have so advice on this. Basically got a small rat problem starting.  Their not messing with the traps too much anymore and don't come out much in the day so figure is doing to have to be a job for NV. Can't use my. 22lr for various reasons so I tried mounting my ATN Xsite II on my Benjamin maximus .22 but I can't get enough downwards adjustment to sight the gun in properly. My maximus comes stock with a 11mm dove tail so I have to use a dove tail to pic rail adapter which raises it up a bit. It was the lowest one I could find though so wanted to see if anyone has ran into this problem and had some ideas. 

20200829_181521.jpg.b30d491e93f0b925a19410af5a7c982b.jpg

I'll have to find a picture of it with the adapter and other scope on but I've seen other guys using the Xsite with other air rifles where it sits pretty high up on the gun and have no problems.  

Edited by Wolfdog91

I had the same problem with the photon

dont know if it may work with yours but i got over it by shimming the back mount

using coke tin cut little strips out of it the same width as the mount and size put two or three in and try it

it may be a case of taking it off a few times to put the right amount in until its on zero

but it works .

give it a go better than buying new mounts and a hell of a lot cheaper

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

I had the same problem with the photon

dont know if it may work with yours but i got over it by shimming the back mount

using coke tin cut little strips out of it the same width as the mount and size put two or three in and try it

it may be a case of taking it off a few times to put the right amount in until its on zero

but it works .

give it a go better than buying new mounts and a hell of a lot cheaper

Yeah that's the problem with the xsite it's a on piece mount so you can't really shim it as far as I can see. You d OK have two Allen bolts on the bottom and I guess if I can loosen them I can slide a washer on the rear on to can't the scope down buuuuut this bolts are in there some kind of tight.

This is the scope I'm talking about by the way just to clarify (sorry it's minutes on my AR and not the it gun only picture I had of it just on hand lolfull-34110-59789-img_20200824_064106.jpg.ac39e1bda802459f0cbe6e4838177e1f.jpg

• Like 1

FX make an adjustable set of mounts which when repositioned stil keep fully in contact with the scope so no uneven pressure. Certainly cost more than a coke can but some of the comments from people using them have rated them very highly and they are available in the US.

Phil

22 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Yeah that's the problem with the xsite it's a on piece mount so you can't really shim it as far as I can see. You d OK have two Allen bolts on the bottom and I guess if I can loosen them I can slide a washer on the rear on to can't the scope down buuuuut this bolts are in there some kind of tight.

This is the scope I'm talking about by the way just to clarify (sorry it's minutes on my AR and not the it gun only picture I had of it just on hand lolfull-34110-59789-img_20200824_064106.jpg.ac39e1bda802459f0cbe6e4838177e1f.jpg

Sorry my bad lol

thought it was the scope in the first pic with the camo rifle works with two piece mounts

And them AR,s are one of my fav rifles would love a go with that

but alas not in this country :cray:

Hi WD,

Sounds like you might well need to check the " optical zero" on your scope buddy.

Rather than me start trying to chant off, take a look at " How to find optical zero "  - Tom Cat airguns on you tube , so, so easy to do matey.

Good luck :good:

Mark.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/09/2020 at 04:37, bigmac 97kt said:

Sorry my bad lol

thought it was the scope in the first pic with the camo rifle works with two piece mounts

Might not be able to get a gas version but what about a bolt action ? 

Unita (?) Precision sells a bolt action upper figure so.thing like this would be all the rage in the UK. Keep one lower and just swap uppers. Don't see how it would violate any laws either.  

On 13/09/2020 at 04:37, bigmac 97kt said:

Sorry my bad lol

Might not be able to get a gas version but what about a bolt action ? 

Unita (?) Precision sells a bolt action upper figure so.thing like this would be all the rage in the UK. Keep one lower and just swap uppers. Don't see how it would violate any laws either.