Number 101,2and 3

Out tonight on the chicken farm ,usual place and straight away there’s Charlie walking towards me along a badger track .On sticks ,tiny squeak and wallop he’s down .Nice sized dog fox .On a bit and there’s another just come into the field way over the other side about 400m .Wind was right so I had a squeak .Not usual for here as they get preoccupied looking for chicken that are unfortunate enough  to get locked out .This green fox came trotting in like a dog and I stopped him about 100 yards to join the other .Long wait for the last customer but worth it for the longest shot at night to date .I missed it at about 180 ,or so I thought ,it ran to the corner of the field where there’s a muck heap and stopped in front of it long enough to get a shot off .Down it went and on pacing it out found it to be 334 paces .The first shot had been a bit hurried and gone through the base of the ear ,how it never knocked him out I’ll never know .

Another good night and few chicken saved come dawn .

9BF00446-D961-412F-802E-59713DC204E9.jpeg

FAF82591-D550-4147-BB87-38824AE2C50E.jpeg

• Like 12

Yes mate from Jan 1st til now .

Make that 104 .Tiny little vixen that was either deaf or stupid .

It was in the far left corner and through two  lots of chicken fencing so I had to negotiate both those before getting into range and a clear shot .It wouldn’t stay still so I soft squeaked but no response ,raised it to a whistle and then a shout, all at no more than 70 yards but no response .I took the shot with it still moving .

9531D393-2BD8-4354-AA12-8740E07F84CE.jpeg

• Like 4

They are without a doubt .This one was a prime  example mate .The more numbers of anything about the higher probability of low IQs I guess .Farmers just text me now saying thanks for that but another two chasing each other first light at his main farm .

The pest controller that does the rats (apparently?)turned down a per fox payment ,I’m told ,as he lives miles away .Im too soft and should of stepped in that role but never mind it’s all good .

• 2 weeks later...