Sign in to follow this  
maxhardcore

Shetland Island Independence ?

6 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Much like the Vikings came to england to rape,kill and thieves from.but in Norway they celebrate the Vikings still.i don't hold any ill will.

Bloody vikings!

Edited by Maximus Ferret

I worked with 2 Scottish and 3 Welsh boys and we all got along fine.not 1 drama but back home on their facebook it's all anti english stuff.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

I worked with 2 Scottish and 3 Welsh boys and we all got along fine.not 1 drama but back home on their facebook it's all anti english stuff.

Like I said individually they are fine but together the Old tribal thing takes over . 🥱 

On 11/09/2020 at 13:12, chartpolski said:

My dad, uncle and cousins worked up there during the 70's on the Sulom Voe Terminal.

They said it had more in common with Scandinavia than Scotland.

Interesting that they've never had a SNP MP; usually voting in a Liberal.

Wasnt there talk some time ago about them wanting to join Norway if Scotland got independence and insisted in rejoining the EU ?

Cheers.

fkn hell  solum voe trminal that bring a few memorys back i was on a surv ey ship running from around there lerwick to bergan    happy days ..

2 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

You can’t blame any of these Islands for wanting independence. They feel Unrepresented politically. But I want the UK to remain just that United .

My understanding is that the islands want devolution from Scotland but would still remain part of the UK, it would be down to Westminster to grant the islands a true indiref not Scotland? 

I could be wrong though  lol

I'd give them it , not sure what they have in regards to infrastructure/oil/gas but in order to weaken SNP has to be worth it....

I'd like to think we would stay as a United Kingdom '

GREAT BRITAIN

but if Sturgeon is set on breaking our Union then she can't cry if the likes of the Shetlands want to go their own way .

• Like 2

Fact of it is we need proportional representation then Britain has a democratic system of sorts and the destructive anti British movement are democratically fecked....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Balaur said:

Looks like Keir starmer is going down with covid now....

Arrested for......... House arrest like the rest of the dirt bags. 

Paedo loving rat

• Like 2

On 13/09/2020 at 10:06, shovel leaner said:

You can’t blame any of these Islands for wanting independence. They feel Unrepresented politically. But I want the UK to remain just that United . Part of me thinks f@ck Scotland, let them have their independence, let’s put up a great big Trump style wall and cut them off completely. They are like a spoilt kid that has been sucking on the  English tit for too long . 
       When I was 16 I joined the army as a junior leader, and I was put in barracks with kids from all over the uk . I was unaware of the hatred that the Welsh , Scottish and Irish have for the English...... but I soon found out , they sneered and jeered and insulted the English boys at every opportunity. But individually they were sound . And if you were to go into battle as we have done throughout our history there could be no finer men to help us . I see our relationship with our colonies rather like brothers that don’t get on , you hate each other but if you were out on the lash and your kid was in some bother , you’d be straight in there . 
             They hate us , we tolerate them like an annoying neighbours barking dog that won’t shut up . 

And the royal irish regiment are the finest in her majesties forces

• Like 1

On 13/09/2020 at 10:06, shovel leaner said:

You can’t blame any of these Islands for wanting independence. They feel Unrepresented politically. But I want the UK to remain just that United . Part of me thinks f@ck Scotland, let them have their independence, let’s put up a great big Trump style wall and cut them off completely. They are like a spoilt kid that has been sucking on the  English tit for too long . 
       When I was 16 I joined the army as a junior leader, and I was put in barracks with kids from all over the uk . I was unaware of the hatred that the Welsh , Scottish and Irish have for the English...... but I soon found out , they sneered and jeered and insulted the English boys at every opportunity. But individually they were sound . And if you were to go into battle as we have done throughout our history there could be no finer men to help us . I see our relationship with our colonies rather like brothers that don’t get on , you hate each other but if you were out on the lash and your kid was in some bother , you’d be straight in there . 
             They hate us , we tolerate them like an annoying neighbours barking dog that won’t shut up . 

Much as it kills me to say it but if England had a song it would be Millwalls “No one likes us, we don’t care” .......that’s fine by me and a bit of a point of pride actually ! Lol 

Politically, nobody feels represented and certainly not native British people which ever part of the Isles they hail from.......nobody has given a f**k about us for at least 60 years, it’s just that they stopped even trying to make a secret of it 30 years ago.

Much as I think we are the greatest union in history and I’d like to see that survive purely for nostalgic reasons, the fact is the jobs f****d and imho it’s going to take something cataclysmic to even begin to restore some type of sanity, maybe a break up of the Union is part of that ? 

Whatever, Britain needs to change course because I don’t even recognise what I’m looking at any more......

• Like 3