Sign in to follow this  
maxhardcore

Shetland Island Independence ?

The Shetland Islands Council looking into the possibility of Independance from Scotland .

Wonder what Krankie will think of that .

My dad, uncle and cousins worked up there during the 70's on the Sulom Voe Terminal.

They said it had more in common with Scandinavia than Scotland.

Interesting that they've never had a SNP MP; usually voting in a Liberal.

Wasnt there talk some time ago about them wanting to join Norway if Scotland got independence and insisted in rejoining the EU ?

Cheers.

• Like 1

Ol' Krankie can think what she wants  - she can't have another Indyref unless Westminster permit it.

.......... personally, I think she's just a seditious dick head. 

I hope Scotland and Shetland stay as part of the UK - on the whole, they're good people. 

........... these little islands make up the best nation in the world - it should stay that way.

• Like 4

Totally agree Jonjon.

But if Krankie bleats on about Scottish Indy she can't really moan if Shetland want away from Scotland .

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Totally agree Jonjon.

But if Krankie bleats on about Scottish Indy she can't really moan if Shetland want away from Scotland .

I agree mate - I just hope that Shetland are looking to stay within the UK if Krankie does eventually get her wish 🤞

It looks like they will ask to be a dependency of the UK, much like the Falklands, Gibraltar, Ilse Of Man, Channel Isles, etc.

Cheers.

26 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I agree mate - I just hope that Shetland are looking to stay within the UK if Krankie does eventually get her wish 🤞

That would be a nice result 👍

Nobody is going independent from what I've seen. Britain has a big fight on just to remove itself from EU . Most EU countries have islands and colonies/regions looking for independence and wouldn't want to start a ball rolling, as desperate as they are to break up the UK. They're more interested in unification of Ireland, and the Scottish thing is a side note. This gov won't give Scotland another vote. I really hope Keir starmer appeals to the Scot voters as it'll weaken these SNP nutters. As for Shetlands I though they were British isles so was ignorant of them being Scottish isles. Be good if they could be British isles....

You can’t blame any of these Islands for wanting independence. They feel Unrepresented politically. But I want the UK to remain just that United . Part of me thinks f@ck Scotland, let them have their independence, let’s put up a great big Trump style wall and cut them off completely. They are like a spoilt kid that has been sucking on the  English tit for too long . 
       When I was 16 I joined the army as a junior leader, and I was put in barracks with kids from all over the uk . I was unaware of the hatred that the Welsh , Scottish and Irish have for the English...... but I soon found out , they sneered and jeered and insulted the English boys at every opportunity. But individually they were sound . And if you were to go into battle as we have done throughout our history there could be no finer men to help us . I see our relationship with our colonies rather like brothers that don’t get on , you hate each other but if you were out on the lash and your kid was in some bother , you’d be straight in there . 
             They hate us , we tolerate them like an annoying neighbours barking dog that won’t shut up . 

• Like 3

I dont think theres any or very little real hate towards ordinary English folk from the ordinary folk of the countries you mention mate, its the government or state we despise

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, baker boy said:

I dont think theres any or very little real hate towards ordinary English folk from the ordinary folk of the countries you mention mate, its the government or state we despise

I dunno.

Couple English lads I met worked in merfa tidville and they said it was damn right hostile from the start.one pub wouldn't even serve them. just said "pub down the road serves english" and pointed to the door.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ginger beard said:

I dunno.

Couple English lads I met worked in merfa tidville and they said it was damn right hostile from the start.one pub wouldn't even serve them. just said "pub down the road serves english" and pointed to the door.

Mate, 1st time I walked into a pub in Merthyr Tydfil it was like something out of a cowboy film music stopped everyfckr turned around staring at the stranger, I honestly think if I hadnt known the local dog boys I'd have had a decent kicking, same would have happened other way round if a Merthyr bloke came over here, thats how valley life was lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, baker boy said:

I can only go by my experience. Throughout history the English have gone to these places and killed, raped and subjugated the people, taxed them and given them f@ck all . But like all this BLM bullshit , we can’t be apologists for our forefathers behaviour. 

• Like 1

Much like the Vikings came to england to rape,kill and thieves from.but in Norway they celebrate the Vikings still.i don't hold any ill will.

• Like 1