Hares.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What did the police say when you told them? 

My lad might have something to bring em in a bit closer for you ?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Good .Look forward to meeting them and I mean that .A chat goes a long way instead of driving off when approached .Never know might lead to more outings as I’ve plenty of land ,plenty of game and love a proper runner at its job .

Try shouting come back its OK I just want 2 talk

New farm contractor by me did the combining last week, must have had lads out with shotguns following the combine.  I took dogs out following morning and counted 4 dead hares left in the first field side along with a load of rabbits..... feckin livid I was ..

• Sad 2
9 hours ago, bell said:

New farm contractor by me did the combining last week, must have had lads out with shotguns following the combine.  I took dogs out following morning and counted 4 dead hares left in the first field side along with a load of rabbits..... feckin livid I was ..

Tosspots

• Like 1

Watched that film a few times over the years and its always a good watch.

Hare numbers seem up this year, that lovely spring kept many a leveret alive i think.

That said, this years youngsters seem to be having a bad time of it over the past month or so on FB... ?

On 12/09/2020 at 02:07, bell said:

I used to have perm on a farm five mins from my place that always had good hare numbers until the farmers lad came back from uni and decided to shoot every one he see ,he just leave them to rot where they drop . 

20 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Only hunt rabbits these days but there is something magical about hares and watching my whippet crosses run one if the terrier kicks one up.

Are they same "brown hare " 

my old whippet x took few hares in his time ,no good on big land but small paddock size fields or scrub land was ideal . 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Are they same "brown hare " 

my old whippet x took few hares in his time ,no good on big land but small paddock size fields or scrub land was ideal . 

European brown hares,mine catch the occasional one but in the hills here it's a big ask.I just like watching the little dogs run them.

• Like 1
On 11/09/2020 at 20:32, foxdropper said:

Nope I like it here .The frosty reception par for the season mate .Drop in more regular I reckon now I know there’s a warm welcome .Off out shooting tonight instead  of sat on here talking the talk .Get yourself out mate .Fresh air  take that sting  out ya tone and get rid of the obvious frustration you seem to have .Failing that go have a wank .

Foxdropper why are these lads calling you a grass ? Did you grass on lurcher lads poaching your perm ? 

• Haha 1