Jump to content

Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • WILF

    1582

  • Blackmag

    1195

  • maxhardcore

    1117

  • THE STIFFMEISTER

    793

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment. As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some thin

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I've got a feeling your "vocal" mate may just have been the architect of his own downfall ? 

Iv'e take many away supporters into the Toon, and taken them into such salubrious venues as the Three Bulls, The Percy, the Black Garter and they have been made most welcome......banter, yes, but no violence.

Perhaps it was just because they were with me, but I doubt it.

My daughter was once the tour manager for a UAE seven a side team playing at St. James' and I had them in almost every bar in the Toon, and not a hint of bother, even though they were all Arabs.

It was mostly craic, but I'm not doubting there are the odd nutter around ! 😂👍😂

Cheers.

It was a fantastic weekend. The pubs were buzzing and there was a street market on Sunday down by the river. Only downside  was having to play golf twice at Prudhoe 😝

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Does anyone still wear their teams shirts? I always buy one when I’m going on holiday 

Interesting you should ask that !

Newcastle have three "new shirts"; the back and white stripes first shirt; the blue and gold trim away shirt, and the infamous third "Saudi" shirt.

But, even though the Premier Leage accepted these three shirts, they have now deemed them unsuitable for the game against Brighton.

So Newcastle have come up with a FOURTH  shirt !

Yes, it's a very nice shirt, it has images of St. James Park, the Tyne Bridge and the Theatre Royal, but it just means parents will now have to pay another £60- £70 for another shirt for their kid !

Theres no way any of the first three shirts clashed with Brightons blue and white hoops, but even if they did, the Premier League should have accepted they made a mistake and come to some arrangement, rather than put parents into a position they couldn't afford.

Just my opinion ! 👍

Cheers.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Great post that mate . Clubs remain but teams constantly change and mix . 
 

it’s a proper dark art the managing and leadership aspect 

Its a strange situation. Clubs are owned by businessmen but the fans think they belong to them. In Germany all clubs have to be 50% owned by the public. The Red Bull guy gets round this by buying great tranches of shares and registering them in his mate's names. When you think about the fans claim to the clubs they are basically no different to loyal customers. They pay to view so to speak. But their loyalty is being abused in some cases.

The days of the benign fan come owner seem to be diminishing. It is all  about profit, prestige and power. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

It was a fantastic weekend. The pubs were buzzing and there was a street market on Sunday down by the river. Only downside  was having to play golf twice at Prudhoe 😝

Should have went to Close House, five minutes from mine, I would have introduced you 👍

Cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Should have went to Close House, five minutes from mine, I would have introduced you 👍

Cheers.

Thanks, but I was expected to join in as all the others were golfers. Never played before and never played since. When I put the ball into the car park half way round the second day they let me finish early.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

Its a strange situation. Clubs are owned by businessmen but the fans think they belong to them. In Germany all clubs have to be 50% owned by the public. The Red Bull guy gets round this by buying great tranches of shares and registering them in his mate's names. When you think about the fans claim to the clubs they are basically no different to loyal customers. They pay to view so to speak. But their loyalty is being abused in some cases.

The days of the benign fan come owner seem to be diminishing. It is all  about profit, prestige and power. 

Yep , but that attracts a niche level of sportsmanship . The premier league and champions league ruined football Perse as it made it basically a closed club for those rich enough to gain permanent entry . Look at Leeds , how that whole structure was built around entry to the c l . When that was denied , it brought the whole system there down like a deck of cards , money at inflated rates beyond the means of regular unfashionable clubs and condemned them to a decade in the wilderness. 

football is a terrible business model for anyone , your relying on heavy weighted investment in the realms of fantasy money but the end product is reliant on an entirely human entity where it can’t be fixed instantly or new people brought in overnight. That type of investment , as you said , has been pushed beyond the likes of local boy done good owners. It’s the home of hedge fund managers and the obscenely rich . 
 

that’s the price though for the level of play these days , the speed , the strength required to play at the top  is frightening. It’s a short lived career of athleticism and aftercare and avoiding injury . Gone are the days of chopping scything tackles in a mud pit from centre half’s still half cut from the previous evening . It’s a more professional astute and physically reliant organisation. That all takes money , I think football is less exciting these days , it’s predictable and intense , pacier , more tactically pointed , but I do feel that  those 4 4 2 battles in the champions league , the euros and World Cup of the post millennium years were the greatest we saw . 
 

Football just ain’t the same as it once was 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Yep , but that attracts a niche level of sportsmanship . The premier league and champions league ruined football Perse as it made it basically a closed club for those rich enough to gain permanent entry . Look at Leeds , how that whole structure was built around entry to the c l . When that was denied , it brought the whole system there down like a deck of cards , money at inflated rates beyond the means of regular unfashionable clubs and condemned them to a decade in the wilderness. 

football is a terrible business model for anyone , your relying on heavy weighted investment in the realms of fantasy money but the end product is reliant on an entirely human entity where it can’t be fixed instantly or new people brought in overnight. That type of investment , as you said , has been pushed beyond the likes of local boy done good owners. It’s the home of hedge fund managers and the obscenely rich . 
 

that’s the price though for the level of play these days , the speed , the strength required to play at the top  is frightening. It’s a short lived career of athleticism and aftercare and avoiding injury . Gone are the days of chopping scything tackles in a mud pit from centre half’s still half cut from the previous evening . It’s a more professional astute and physically reliant organisation. That all takes money , I think football is less exciting these days , it’s predictable and intense , pacier , more tactically pointed , but I do feel that  those 4 4 2 battles in the champions league , the euros and World Cup of the post millennium years were the greatest we saw . 
 

Football just ain’t the same as it once was 

Bang on the money 👍👍👍🏆

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, eastcoast said:

I find the success and demise of football clubs over the years fascinating. The current predicament MUFC find themselves in being a fine example. What happened? Fergie retired of course but how did they go from being such a dominant force to the present? Many factors and variables, lots that people can argue about and give opinion, but it is strange. Football is strange. Getting 11 men to consistently perform well for 90 minutes a week seems to be more akin to an art form rather than exact science, almost alchemy. So difficult to achieve, so easy to lose.

It's simple, your owner and biggest fan dies and his mercenary family sell the club to some f***ing Indian chicken breeders 🤢 

Cheers, D.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Yep , but that attracts a niche level of sportsmanship . The premier league and champions league ruined football Perse as it made it basically a closed club for those rich enough to gain permanent entry . Look at Leeds , how that whole structure was built around entry to the c l . When that was denied , it brought the whole system there down like a deck of cards , money at inflated rates beyond the means of regular unfashionable clubs and condemned them to a decade in the wilderness. 

football is a terrible business model for anyone , your relying on heavy weighted investment in the realms of fantasy money but the end product is reliant on an entirely human entity where it can’t be fixed instantly or new people brought in overnight. That type of investment , as you said , has been pushed beyond the likes of local boy done good owners. It’s the home of hedge fund managers and the obscenely rich . 
 

that’s the price though for the level of play these days , the speed , the strength required to play at the top  is frightening. It’s a short lived career of athleticism and aftercare and avoiding injury . Gone are the days of chopping scything tackles in a mud pit from centre half’s still half cut from the previous evening . It’s a more professional astute and physically reliant organisation. That all takes money , I think football is less exciting these days , it’s predictable and intense , pacier , more tactically pointed , but I do feel that  those 4 4 2 battles in the champions league , the euros and World Cup of the post millennium years were the greatest we saw . 
 

Football just ain’t the same as it once was 

Spot on . And add to that the relentless statistics. There is no hiding place for players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest news in from summer street football 

rangers 1 Celtic 12 

a shaky start from the visitors saw a goal against play creep in as the recycling truck went past and a mix up in the lone Celtic defence saw Two forwards break away and secure the opening goal . Normal service however was resumed with a display of unflinching resolve and finishing from the visitors . 
 

particular highlights included the ninth goal where Pierre van hoijdonk reacted fastest to a rebound from a lamp post and played a chipped ball into the path of the oncoming Scott McDonald , the Aussie went round the oncoming keeper , was forced wide and found the net with his wrong foot from an accute angle . The despair of the youngsters was disheartening to see and Celtic played at 70 percent . Unfortunately the new reebok sploits seemed incapable of missing and the sponge like champions league bike ball found the net three further times in the final minute before dinner . 

celtic remain favourites for Sundays decider . 
 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Latest news in from summer street football 

rangers 1 Celtic 12 

a shaky start from the visitors saw a goal against play creep in as the recycling truck went past and a mix up in the lone Celtic defence saw Two forwards break away and secure the opening goal . Normal service however was resumed with a display of unflinching resolve and finishing from the visitors . 
 

particular highlights included the ninth goal where Pierre van hoijdonk reacted fastest to a rebound from a lamp post and played a chipped ball into the path of the oncoming Scott McDonald , the Aussie went round the oncoming keeper , was forced wide and found the net with his wrong foot from an accute angle . The despair of the youngsters was disheartening to see and Celtic played at 70 percent . Unfortunately the new reebok sploits seemed incapable of missing and the sponge like champions league bike ball found the net three further times in the final minute before dinner . 

celtic remain favourites for Sundays decider . 
 

 

🤣🤣🤣

I can see an injury coming here...

Taken out by a 12 year old and off work for a month! 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

🤣🤣🤣

I can see an injury coming here...

Taken out by a 12 year old and off work for a month! 😁

Just when you thought united had hit the bottom of the pile and we’re running their fingernails against the barrel housing …..

what. The . Actual. f**k. 😂😂😂😂 I nearly crashed the car laughing 

 

E0030B0A-D609-4C68-B682-7EBBD62AF9A4.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

From Manchester Guardian

Manchester United fans are further bemoaning the state of their club after it emerged Ralf Rangnick recommended four transfer targets before he left the club – with some big names included.

Rangnick took over as United’s interim manager following the sacking of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and was due to take up a two-year consultancy role with the club. His association with the club ended in the summer, with the 64-year-old instead becoming Austria’s national team manager.

Before he left he made a number of transfer recommendations to the United board. RB Leipzig duo Josko Gvardiol and Konrad Laimer were both on the list, with Rangnick regarding the former as a 'must-buy'.

ALSO READ: Manchester United confident of more signings before transfer deadline

Rangnick also advised the club to scout Christopher Nkunku, who took the Bundesliga by storm last season. However, the France international signed a new contract at Leipzig earlier in the summer.

United were also urged to try and negotiate a deal for Erling Haaland, despite their chances of signing him being remote. Rangnick also flagged up Julian Alvarez as a possible attacking option before Manchester City snapped him up from River Plate.

So they hired one of the best Directors of Football in Europe, didn't follow his advice and sacked him before he had time to do the job he was hired for.

Edited by Nicepix
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...